Cosmere Codenames

Herowannabe

@MistCLOAKed Mountains yeah, Council of Five definitely.  @Turtle373

As for the second, I'm not sure.  I could maybe see Michael Whelan, because Eshonai's on the cover of Way of Kings.  But in that case Eshonai would be a better clue.  I think maybe Kaladin is the best bet because he fights them and also befriends those singers in Oathbringer.  

Hey everyone, just a few quick reminders as we get started with game 10.  Check out last game's intro post for more detailed info.  

• We're playing with the eightball variant, which means that you need to get the Assassin in White to win.  It also goes to sudden death if you pick the Assassin in White early (just like last game).  
  • There's a 48 hour time limit on turns.  The website seems to be down, so make sure to check the post time (maybe the Spymasters can include an end time/time zone in their post)
  • Put your guesses in bold.  Guesses will be evaluated in the order they're listed.  

@Scion of the Mists I was considering both of those answers, as well as Nale because he sides with the Parshendi.

I had a different reason for not choosing Michael Whelan. I always assumed that Eshonai was the foreground figure on that cover and Dalinar the background figure, but I decided to check it up before answering. I found this discussion, and according to comment #60 (the last one), it's actually Dalinar and Kaladin. I'm not sure how accurate that post is, and of course it also depends on whether the spymaster knows this or not.

In conclusion I would probably go with Kaladin because he has a lot more screen time with the Parshendi.

Edited by MistCLOAKed Mountains

4 hours ago, Scion of the Mists said:

Also, Brandon has said that it's Eshonai: 

Thanks, it's often hard to find WoBs. Is this one in the Arcanum?

It's interesting that both of them are quoting Michael Whelan but have different answers. I trust Brandon to quote him better than someone I don't know, but If it was Brandon arguing with Michael I'd probably go with Michael.

Blue team:

Shadow 3

@MistCLOAKed Mountains @Scion of the Mists @luckat

Also MistCloaked:

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

The Stormlight Archive is two sets of five. Built around the idea of ten Orders of Knights Radiant. And each book will kind of focus on one order a little bit, gives me some structure to it. You can see how I'm doing that already.

And then each book gets a different flashback character, who gets their flashback sequence. Book 4 is Eshonai, book 5 is Szeth. Then in-world, that's going to bring us to an ending. We're going to break for a little while, like ten years in-world. Probably not ten years in our world.

Then we'll come back and the characters for those will be Lift, and Renarin, and Ash, and Taln, and Jasnah. Probably not in that order though, well maybe that order. And we'll do five more, focusing on five different Orders of Radiant. Though characters from the first five will of course be in the back five.

I'm actually a bit clueless what is meant with the Shadow clue.

My only interpretation so far is people who worked a lot in the shadows. So Tyndwyl (all the Keepers were keeping to the shadows during the Final Empire), Nale and Battar (who have been keeping their identities secret for thousands of years), Marsh (he has been working for the rebellion for a long time, he infiltrates the Steel ministry, in Era 2 he still seems to mostly keep off the radar), Mraize (I mean he is the leader of a secret organization, so he probably has a lot of work in the shadows, also he keeps shadowing Shallan), Chapps (works at night to avoid taxes, disposes of bodies for criminals.)

24 minutes ago, Rhapsody said:

I'm actually a bit clueless what is meant with the Shadow clue.

My only interpretation so far is people who worked a lot in the shadows. So Tyndwyl (all the Keepers were keeping to the shadows during the Final Empire), Nale and Battar (who have been keeping their identities secret for thousands of years), Marsh (he has been working for the rebellion for a long time, he infiltrates the Steel ministry, in Era 2 he still seems to mostly keep off the radar), Mraize (I mean he is the leader of a secret organization, so he probably has a lot of work in the shadows, also he keeps shadowing Shallan), Chapps (works at night to avoid taxes, disposes of bodies for criminals.)

I would start with Marsh and Mraize... from there, I don’t know.