Futile Efforts, Match #1

Herowannabe

So we have been playing several campaigns of the Mistborn Adventure Game over at steelministry.com, and one of the ones I have been narrating jut came to an end. Kurkistan came up for the idea for the campaign, and described it thusly:

"Scenario: The Narrator controls TLR, who knowledgeable sources have succinctly described as "a thousand year old, expert-[near]savant-Lerasium-Twinawesome-Sliver." However many people as possible comprise a group who are, at adventure's beginning, mere moments away from executing an assassination attempt on TLR.

A handful of beats later, the entire crew is dead. And thus the adventure concludes."

We wanted it to be quick and messy, which it was, albeit if only by play-by-post standards. It took a little over 6 months to complete. We titled the game "Futile Efforts."

Anyway, as I was narrating, Lord Claincy Ffnord liked my write ups so much he started compiling all the narration into one place, which can be found here:

http://www.steelministry.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=518

It makes for a fun and exciting little story, as long as you don't mind the choppy narration from switching from one viewpoint to the next so frequently, as well as a few tense-change inconsistencies. Now that it's all done, Claincy suggested that I post it in here, so here you go. Enjoy everyone!

Edited by Herowannabe

We all had a lot of fun. Hero's narration was fittingly epic.

A quick lowdown on the characters, in order of appearance:

Robert Erikell (Kurkistan):

The lord of house Erikell, Robert was an electrum savant. He was neither brave nor remarkably intelligent but he was a highly capable leader, able to inspire courage and loyalty in his men, and he strove for a time when the tyranny of the lord Ruler was no more. Robert spent years tirelessly gathering troops and allies for the illfated assassination attempt.

Eddard Lekal (Me!):

Eddard was the lord of house Lekal, he met Robert at an early age and the two of them became fast friends. Eddard was a skilled pewterarm and at an early point in his life was kidnapped by hemalurgic cultists and through their experiments gained a brass spike containing feruchemical zinc. He joined the fight against the lord Ruler to support Robert and to avenge his sister Lyanna who had been taken and murdered by the lord Prelan.

Jastes Hasting or 'Shadow' (Kadrok):

Shadow was a powerful mistborn assassin who had attained a rare mastery of iron and steel. His entire house fell during a house war and his family was almost eradicated despite his best efforts and Shadow turned his hatred on the lord Ruler for "allowing" house Hastings to fall. Disgusted with the so called 'god' Shadow turned his every effort to the tyrants destruction.

Vorun (Gil-galad):

Vorun was a feruchemist whose village was destroyed by the inquisitors who were hunting him. He choose not to join the synod, disgusted by their lack of action. Driven by an unsatisfiable thirst for vengance for the destruction of his village Vorun spent years fighting with the rebellion before joining Robert's assassination attempt.

Rashek:

The lord Ruler, the self-called sliver of infinity. The only known fullborn to ever exist. Hundreds of years old and incredibly skilled with both allomancy and feruchemy. The target.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Jastes Hasting or 'Shadow' (Kadrok):

Shadow was a powerful mistborn assassin who had attained a rare mastery of iron and steel. His entire house fell during a house war and his family was almost eradicated despite his best efforts and Shadow turned his hatred on the lord Ruler for "allowing" house Hastings to fall. Disgusted with the so called 'god' Shadow turned his every effort to the tyrants destruction.

"Shadow" was actually a bit of an in-joke. I'm playing a different Jastes Hasting in another campaign, and "Shadow" was one of the gold-shadows the main Jastes would see...

• 3 weeks later...

*Necro*

Thanks for posting this, Hero. :)

I'd like to note that several of my posts (including my corn-filled pre-battle speech) were somewhat intentionally melodramatic, especially at the beginning. ;)