Okay, so we know that Roshar has three magic systems, right? Surgebinding, Voidbinding, and something to do with Spren and Fabrials.

Surgebinding seems like a pretty physical power system.

Whatever the magic system with Fabrials is, it uses Spren, which are cognitive aspects.

And the Void is often used as a reference to the afterlife, which i think will make it a spiritual power.

Will Brandon make 3 sets of powers, one for each physical, cognitive, spiritual aspect, but with similar outcomes? Or will the outcomes be completely different? I don't know, but I like the idea of each one working with only one aspect.

We've seen only a very small part of surgebinding. You can't say that it's a pretty physical power system.

Lightweaving (that Shallan does in the preview) does not look like "physical".

I'm sure there are many surges that are not "physical".

Altering Gravity is altering Spiritual connections. Soulcasting is changing the Spiritual essence of something. I am fairly confident that Surgebinding is mainly Spiritual, with a touch of Cognitive and Physical (Illumination, Growth, Adhesion, and Tension probably).

No clue on what Voidbinding will do. I'd predict similar outcomes, but altered. Perhaps more internal than external?

Edited by Moogle

• Chaos locked this topic