Aluminium + Duralumin = ?

Lord Bookwyrm

Question

5 answers to this question

If you were burning, say, tin, and burned duralumin and aluminum, I guess it really depends on which one you burn first. If you burned duralumin, and then an instant later aluminum, you would get a burst of tin that would vanish an instant later. If you burned aluminum first, you wouldn’t have any duralumin or tin to burn. 

If you burned both, at the same time? I guess you’d get duralumin-boosted aluminum and lose all your metal reserves really quickly. 

Aluminum has lots of effects related to Investiture beyond simply purging Allomantic metals. As Brandon has said before on this forum, an aluminum savant could selectively purge only unwanted Investitures and possibly even other impurities. So with duralumin, I could easily it see it doing something more dramatic. Like maybe it would be a "hard reset," eliminating all effects from emotional Allomancy on you, de-powering any Hemalurgic spikes in you, wiping any metalminds you're touching, etc.

19 hours ago, DJScrub said:

Aluminum has lots of effects related to Investiture beyond simply purging Allomantic metals. As Brandon has said before on this forum, an aluminum savant could selectively purge only unwanted Investitures and possibly even other impurities. So with duralumin, I could easily it see it doing something more dramatic. Like maybe it would be a "hard reset," eliminating all effects from emotional Allomancy on you, de-powering any Hemalurgic spikes in you, wiping any metalminds you're touching, etc.

I wonder if you would be able to destroy some else's breath if you had enough practice with this.