[OB] New Awakened Blade

Blazenella

I have been doing a bit of speculation about Vivenna in OB. In case you were in la la land when reading the attack on Kholinar, we clearly see Vivenna using a sword akin to a shardblade, which is kept in a sheath almost constantly (And can't be dismissed like a shardblade), has no gemstone, is shorter than most shardblades, but MOST importantly drains the color from the soldiers killed instead of burning their eyes. So doing a bit of deduction, it works almost exactly like Nightblood, and I say almost, not exactly. We see and hear no reference to any harm to Vivenna dealt by the sword, no black veins, no draining of Breath. So... what is this sword, when was it made, and who made it? We can assume it was made by Vasher, maybe with help from Vivenna due to Vasher being the only one with knowledge of awakening metal. We can also assume it was made in between Warbreaker and Stormlight, A.K.A. Nightblood (The Book). But the question that still stands is what is it, and how doesn't it drain breath from Vivenna when she uses it?

1 minute ago, Blazenella said:

I have been doing a bit of speculation about Vivenna in OB. In case you were in la la land when reading the attack on Kholinar, we clearly see Vivenna using a sword akin to a shardblade, which is kept in a sheath almost constantly (And can't be dismissed like a shardblade), has no gemstone, is shorter than most shardblades, but MOST importantly drains the color from the soldiers killed instead of burning their eyes. So doing a bit of deduction, it works almost exactly like Nightblood, and I say almost, not exactly. We see and hear no reference to any harm to Vivenna dealt by the sword, no black veins, no draining of Breath. So... what is this sword, when was it made, and who made it? We can assume it was made by Vasher, maybe with help from Vivenna due to Vasher being the only one with knowledge of awakening metal. We can also assume it was made in between Warbreaker and Stormlight, A.K.A. Nightblood (The Book). But the question that still stands is what is it, and how doesn't it drain breath from Vivenna when she uses it?

My thoughts are that it is what Nightblood was supposed to be.

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] New Awakened Blade
  • Chaos locked this topic