[OB] Who is the Spy?

Erklitt

So, maybe I'm being obtuse here. But I really don't know who the spy mentioned on the dust jacket is. And I've found no discussion of it yet (as opposed to the traitor), which I would think odd if it isn't self-evident to everyone else. So, is it?

Of course I've thought of Shallan, in continuation of the previous cover texts.  The 'broken by cruelty, seeking completion' part would fit. But what on earth makes her a spy? Her Ghostblood connection? She hasn't even joined them yet and doesn't really want to. But more importantly, her overall motivation just doesn't fit.

Who else might qualify?

Not sure what other's think but to me the spy is definitely Shallan. She has a dissociative condition resulting in multiple identities (a result of childhood abuse most likely) and is training in espionage during the first part of the book - can't rmember the woman's name off the top of my head but it is definitely mentioned that she is learning to spy. She uses illusions to hide her face and infiltrate both the Ghostbloods and the Cult of the Spren in Kholinar. On top of that "seeking completion" suggests she is looking for a way to put her split personalities back into one. 

Pretty sure its Shallan. Look at what she did in Kholinar, that's one of the main reasons they even brought her along. She went undercover, gathered information, even pretended to join the other side. You can't be any more of a spy than that.

Edited by shadowwisp

• Chaos locked this topic