Crackpot theory: Syl has a spren

JamHeretic

The conclusion I've come to after hanging around the forums:

SPREN ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING.

And you know how the Purelake fish are like cooler versions of regular fish - because of spren? Or how chasmfiends are like cooler versions of other lifeforms - because of spren? Or even my pet theory about Ryshadium being cooler versions of horses because of spren?

Clearly, Syl is a cooler version of a windspren because she has a spren.

Discuss.

WoR spoilers:

“We have to be consistent,” she said, leaning in conspiratorially. “Or we’ll break your brains.”

He snorted, walking around a clump of bones and sticks pierced by a spear. Cankered with rust, it looked like a monument.

“Oh, come on,” Syl said, tossing her hair. “That was worth at least a chuckle.”

Kaladin kept walking.

“A snort is not a chuckle,” Syl said. “I know this because I am intelligent and articulate. You should compliment me now.”

“Dalinar Kholin wants to refound the Knights Radiant.”

“Yes,” Syl said loftily, hanging in the corner of his vision. “A brilliant idea. I wish I’d thought of it.” She grinned triumphantly, then scowled.

“What?” he said, turning back to her.

“Has it ever struck you as unfair,” she said, “that spren cannot attract spren? I should really have had some gloryspren of my own there.”

Alas, it seems that spren do not have of their own helping them out. I'd say Syl's powers just come from her having a little bit extra Investiture than most spren.

So the spren that makes Syl cooler, it can do that cause it has a spren too, ad infinitum?

At some point, they start to look like turtles.

sometimes it's frustrating to see a topic, thinking up some good answer, and see someone already used it.

I wonder if there are pterryspren, hand-sized spren shaped like a disc supported by four elephants standing atop a turtle that turn out when someone makes a discworld reference. if so, this forum should attract at least a few

sometimes it's frustrating to see a topic, thinking up some good answer, and see someone already used it.

I wonder if there are pterryspren, hand-sized spren shaped like a disc supported by four elephants standing atop a turtle that turn out when someone makes a discworld reference. if so, this forum should attract at least a few

Well creationspren take on the shape of something they've seen recently, so if it's been to Discworld through Shadesmar... :D Edited by Delightful

• Chaos locked this topic