Just Saying Hello

manaheim

Hi all. Finally signed up.

I'm a "fan" (hate saying that) of Brandon and his work. Also a regular listener to writing excuses, and an aspiring author.

I'm working on my second book now (neither is published). It's about a woman who, upon her death, finds herself conscripted as the angelic assassin of God.  Sort of bizarre, I admit, but it's pretty cool. :)

Anyway, just saying hello.  Glad to be here!

Oh, and really looking forward to 3/6. :-)

Welcome to the 17th Shard! Have you read all of Brandon's books?

Your book sounds really neat. I'm an aspiring author myself, but my work isn't nearly as interesting.

ALL of them? No. :)  I've been alternating between his and various other people (like Dan and Mary) :-)

I've read the Mistborn series, and it was The Way of Kings that got me interested enough in Brandon to start looking into him more. Thus how I found Writing Excuses.

Thanks on my book. What are you working on, if I may ask?

Welcome indeed. Congratulations on getting further than I did in writing; aka starting a second book.

Hopefully you enjoy the site!

ha, thanks. :) Getting through the first one was TOUGH.  Took me almost a year to get it down. The second one I found went MUCH faster. And again, a ton of credit for that needs to go to W.E.

What are you working on? :)

Oh, nothing now. Back in the day I wrote a few shorts and started a novel that I nearly finished. After about a billion revisions I decided the story had gotten too far from what I'd wanted when I started, so I stopped. I just never picked it back up again.

@Limelleth. My magic system was my main interest in the book, as well as the overarching plot. The specifics just got much to jumbled for an effective story. I was basing it off of a rune style system involving both charms and tattoos.

@manaheim. Anyway, I liked it. Maybe I'll transfer the elements I like and start over. Who knows.

• Chaos locked this topic