Parshman reproduction

Aeshdan

• 2 months later...

From Chicago:

Q:  Have we seen all four of the genders for the Parshendi?
A:  Yes
Q:  So there are more than malen and femalen?
A:  Well male and female.  In my original notes I was trying to decide what to call them but they eventually ended up with a male neuter and female neuter, then male and female.  So yes, there are four genders.  And if you can't tell, the malen and femalen are both asexual, completely.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/7267-words-of-brandon-compiled-x-2/?hl=asexual#entry119919

So, we know that there are non-reproducing genders and reproducing genders. I don't recall any reference on whether Dullform/ Slavefom are neuter or not.

From Chicago:

Q:  Have we seen all four of the genders for the Parshendi?

A:  Yes

Q:  So there are more than malen and femalen?

A:  Well male and female.  In my original notes I was trying to decide what to call them but they eventually ended up with a male neuter and female neuter, then male and female.  So yes, there are four genders.  And if you can't tell, the malen and femalen are both asexual, completely.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/7267-words-of-brandon-compiled-x-2/?hl=asexual#entry119919

So, we know that there are non-reproducing genders and reproducing genders. I don't recall any reference on whether Dullform/ Slavefom are neuter or not.

I don't think we know the context of the word "asexual," though.  I think it could mean that they cannot reproduce (i.e. do not have reproductive organs), but it could also easily mean that they have no sexual desire, as it would were the word applied to an asexual human.  In that case, they could reproduce, but probably wouldn't unless they were ordered to because they would have no sex drive.  There are also creatures that reproduce asexually, which perhaps could relate to that answer?

I don't know.  I find it very odd that, if they are immortal, either no one knows it or it wasn't mentioned.  That seems like a potentially huge plot point, and it would be pretty irresponsible writing for Brandon to let his characters know a potentially Roshar-shattering fact like that but to keep his readers in the dark because none of them bothered to mention it.

about the immortality,

i guess it could be closely connected to changeing theire form.

changeing form could be/is? rejuvenating, alot of damage to the body could be healed.

the question would be now if frequent or accumulating changes are deteriorating in the long run or not.

• Chaos locked this topic