Jumping face-first into the Cosmere

Cyanic

Hello there, I'm Cyanic.

I just finished listening to Words of Radiance and am thoroughly convinced I want to dive into Brandon's other works as we all wait for Oathbringer, (then 7 other books :c ) my wait will be longer though as I might want to pick up the Graphic Audio audiobook, (but if I can't take it, I'm probably gonna straight up buy the printed book itself)

This is the only piece of the Cosmere that I've consumed thus far (I realize this makes me sound like an eldritch abomination), but I've accidentally, then intentionally spoiled myself on the Mistborn original trilogy, but I could probably still read it and enjoy.

I sincerely hope this desire to dive in doesn't make me procrastinate more than I already do for my real life projects. I'm already planning on getting Warbreaker because its magic system is the most intriguing to me.

Anyway, glad to be here. I might not be that active, but it's good to have an account to jump into discussion every once in a while.

Edited by Cyanic

Welcome. You will find everyone is super friendly here. This is really the best place to go if you have questions about the complex worlds of Brandon's books, or if you just want a like-minded ear to listen to a "Whaaa??? What just happened???"

It's fun here! :)

3 minutes ago, Aon Ati said:

It is too bad that you got spoiled about the end of Mistborn, but I still think that even knowing the ending of the trilogy you can have an enthralling experience reading it.

I agree, there's a reason so many of us have read it several times.

If you're waiting for Oathbringer, I suggest reading Edgedancer in the meantime.

Welcome to the Shard, and don't listen to the people who say not to eat the cookies, who turns down free cookies? Besides, they're high in iron.