WoB Clarification?

Kered

Question

I was re-reading an article on Coppermind when I fell down another WoB rabbit hole and I came across this. Pretty sure it was in a conversation with @Argent

BRANDON SANDERSON

Most of the bulk of the Shard's energy of being is contained in the Spiritual Realm, yes. [edited for clarity- Original was: Most of the bulk of what the Shard's energy of being is contained on the Spiritual Realm] Except for one notable exception!

QUESTION

The mistwraith? [I would guess she meant the mist spirit]

BRANDON SANDERSON

No.

Source #47

The one notable exception would be the Shards perpendicularity right? 

4 answers to this question

It's more likely that he was hinting at something that was revealed the following year in Arcanum Unbounded, that Devotion and Dominion's power resides in the Cognitive Realm rather than the Spiritual as a result of Odium trying to prevent the power from being taken up again. With all the attendent weirdness on Sel being a result of the powers being both forced together and into a realm where they wouldn't normally be found.

12 minutes ago, Kered said:

The one notable exception would be the Shards perpendicularity right? 

Good guess but I believe the answer is the Devotion/Dominion amalgam blob that sits in the Cognitive Realm.

Edit: Ninja'd by @Weltall and their answer is better anyway haha

Edited by CaptainRyan

1 hour ago, Kered said:

Ah, I didn't think of that. He was saying there was a notable exception among the individual Shards. Thanks guys!

The Dor has been referred to, at times, as kind of a pseudo-Shard or proto-Shard. Reading too much into this is probably not a profitable endeavour :)