Wayne, Szeth and Death

I'm reading SoS for school, and I noticed something interesting. When Wax first found Wayne, just after he shot the innocent man, Wayne complained about gunshots only he could hear. It reminded me of Szeth, who hears the screaming from the people he has killed. Can these two events have anything to with eachother. After all, the screams are not unique to Szeth:

BLIGHTSONG

Is anything magical going on with the screams Szeth hears?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Uhhh, Szeth's screams. Uhhm, I'm trying to decide how to answer this. It is not, see here's the thing. What we would call magical may not be considered magical in the Cosmere, but it depends on your definition of magic. Would Szeth if he were on our planet and have done those things would he hear those screams, probably not, but would someone else in the Cosmere who had gone through what he had gone through hear those screams, yes.

BLIGHTSONG

So it has to do with the spiritual realm?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yea, mhmm, yea.

After reading Bands of Mourning, I think a better question would be to ask if Steris is a worldhopper, or otherwise Cosmere-aware. She references the Cosmere in a conversation with Wax, and he seems to have no idea what she is going on about, so I'm wondering if she knows more than she lets on.

On 11/1/2017 at 10:56 AM, Bort said:

After reading Bands of Mourning, I think a better question would be to ask if Steris is a worldhopper, or otherwise Cosmere-aware. She references the Cosmere in a conversation with Wax, and he seems to have no idea what she is going on about, so I'm wondering if she knows more than she lets on.

That is definitely something that I was curious about.

Also, I love Steris.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:56 AM, Bort said:

My take on this is that Kelsier has been spreading some truth around Scadrial ever since he resurrected and probably before that if you count talking to Spook. 

• Chaos locked this topic