Is Nalan working with Amaram???

Asim

I have been trying to understand the following sentence from the letter by Amaran to Restares. 

Spoiler

Nalan send that it is worth the loss.

English is not my first language so I am a bit confused.

Doest thatmean that Nalan is communicating with Amaram or worse, directing him or is it something else completely.

27 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

It is something else entirely. It is just an expression that basically means "I hope it is worth the cost"

Out of curiosity, what is your first language

Dang, ninja'd

Thanks for the clarification. Btw my first language is URDU and I am from Pakistan.

28 minutes ago, Rider of Storms said:

No, Nalan and the Sons of Honor have opposite goals. Amaram worships the Heralds and that sentence is more like "God, I hope that it is worth the loss."

Hope I helped :)

You sure did, thanks.

Edited by Asim
Grammar

Mraize says that Helaran sought out the Skybreakers, so it's actually likely that Nalan wanted to kill Amaram. Since Amaram lived his life so nobly before then, the running theory is the battlefield was the only way Nalan could find to do it "legally."

Edited by Fifth of Daybreak

Just now, Toaster Retribution said:

Must be hard to be Nale.

"Storm it, why do the criminals follow the laws so good?"

That whole situation just didn't work out in his favor. A proto radiant stepped in and took out one of his followers. That's like a double whammy. 

4 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Must be hard to be Nale.

"Storm it, why do the criminals follow the laws so good?"

Makes you wonder if Nale would try to kill Kaladin. Far as we know, Kaladin hasn't actually broken any laws that anyone would know about, AND he was wrongfully made into a slave when he did break what laws he did. Jasnah, Dalinar, and Shallan are probably screwed though.

25 minutes ago, Vortaan said:

Makes you wonder if Nale would try to kill Kaladin. Far as we know, Kaladin hasn't actually broken any laws that anyone would know about, AND he was wrongfully made into a slave when he did break what laws he did. Jasnah, Dalinar, and Shallan are probably screwed though.

He blackmailed an apothecary, bribed and threatened a superior officer, stole spheres from his owner, and conspired to commit regicide. 

38 minutes ago, Vortaan said:

I have an answer to this, but it is Edgedancer spoiler (big one):

Spoiler

Since Nale has now realized that murdering Radiants was a bad idea, I doubt he will hunt any one of them down.

16 minutes ago, Fifth of Daybreak said:

He blackmailed an apothecary, bribed and threatened a superior officer, stole spheres from his owner, and conspired to commit regicide. 

Could make an argument that only the last one is a crime that he could be held accountable for, since the others were done while he was illegitimately a slave.

4 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I have an answer to this, but it is Edgedancer spoiler (big one):

Reveal hidden contents

Since Nale has now realized that murdering Radiants was a bad idea, I doubt he will hunt any one of them down.

Sorry, should have been clear: pre-Edgedancer. 

• Chaos locked this topic