Hello Fellow Sanderfans!

Talenelat

Long time lurker here, I actually joined months ago when you were doing the shardhunt but I managed to get through it without asking for help.  I'm gonna be at the San Diego signing & thought I'd finally post to see if you guys could help me out with what questions I should ask.  Last time I saw Brandon at the aMoL signing I found myself tongue-tied when my turn finally came & couldn't remember half of what I wanted to ask, lol.  I figure it's best to know exactly what I'm gonna say this time, :).  I'm aware of the ultimate questions thread, but I wanted to be able to interact with you guys so I could make sure I wasn't asking the same things others were.

Looking forward to talking to all of you on the forums!

A couple questions I have

1. Could you use hemalurgy to steal the power from a shard?

2. Is there a shard of justice?  (will probably get RAFO'd)

3. Do you ever read your books after they're published?

EDIT: oh, and welcome.

Edited by jasonpenguin

Wow that was quick for getting some questions, lol.  Thanks for the welcome!

I've read all the cosmere books, as well as Steelheart.  I think the only ones I haven't read are Legion, Rithmatist, & the Alcatraz childrens books.

Btw, how many questions would you guys say is pushing it?  I don't want to be rude.

A couple questions I have

1. Could you use hemalurgy to steal the power from a shard?

2. Is there a shard of justice? (will probably get RAFO'd)

3. Do you ever read your books after they're published?

EDIT: oh, and welcome.

2. Where are you getting this from? If you're thinking on SfSitFoH, I'm pretty sure we have WoB that the main story of the Cosmere, including all the shards, is told on ten main Shardworlds, and that SfS is not one of them. No Shards there.

3. He's talked about this already. He says he doesn't like to read his books much after they're published because the urge to change and improve things is overwhelming. He still does some to avoid contradictions in the story, though.

Anyways, welcome to the forums! Sorry for mobbing you with questions so quickly.

Edited by PorridgeBrick

2. Where are you getting this from? If you're thinking on SfSitFoH, I'm pretty sure we have WoB that the main story of the Cosmere, including all the shards, is told on ten main Shardworlds, and that SfS is not one of them. No Shards there..

mostly I just think justice would be a really cool shard. I really want it to be a thing. I have no evidence to back it up.

LOL, I can just see me bringing my own chair, setting it down in front of him, and saying, "No no, don't get up, this is going to take awhile." :D

"Where did you get the WoR pre-editing transcript?"

"What, this? No, we just put the same cover on. The rest is questions ABOUT things."

"Where did you even find a printer for that?!"

"Hey! Who's asking questions, you or me?!"

The working title for SA 3 is Stones Unhallowed.

WoP says he's changed the title.

Edit: found the reference:

He actually changed the title to ''Skybreaker'' ( Source https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17250961-skybreaker )

Well, it was a working title anyway. Thanks for the info. Thinking about it though, I originally thought "Stones Unhallowed" sounded a bit haughty, but I think I prefer that to "Skybreaker". It's too straightforward!

Titles can be reused. But actually now there is a different working title. People will have to ask Brandon about the new working title at a signing.

Edited by Delightful

• Chaos locked this topic