The range of a kandra's abilities

Aon Ati

Hello everyone. I have had a question on my mind for a while that will probably not be answered in the mistborn books. This question regards how big an organism a kandra can digest and shapeshift into. Probably the biggest thing we have seen them use bones for was in Shadows of Self, where a certain kandra turned into something resembling the Hulk.

But I want to know how big we can get; say a dragon. That would be so awesome but I don't know if that's even probable. Please tell me some theories you have about this.

I forgot about that part. But in that case the mistwraith was just letting itself ooze all over the ground, while the kandra have to keep their own muscles under control. I just think that digesting a dragon sized corpse would be to much to handle.

1 hour ago, Aon Ati said:

I forgot about that part. But in that case the mistwraith was just letting itself ooze all over the ground, while the kandra have to keep their own muscles under control. I just think that digesting a dragon sized corpse would be to much to handle.

Mistwraiths can combine corpses, so I do think that a mistwraith could make its self dragon sized by combining sets of bones. Don’t know if kandra could do this though

I believe the only limit a Kandra has to his size is for the square-cube law....So it could be really big but soon or later he will be unable to sustain his simple weight.

For example we have a WoB on a Kandra be unable to replicate a certain creature from SA because the physics alone doesn't allow something so huge to be mobile

Edited by Yata

I think it would also be limited by the mass of the kandra itself.  This mass can presumably increase according to how much the kandra consumed; but I suspect that it would take time to metabolize food matter into kandra matter.  In other words, a balloon can increase in size by simply adding more air to the balloon.  But it will eventually reach a point where the balloon cannot contain any additional air without rupturing. 

• Chaos locked this topic