Adolin's blade

Ainadil

So here is a thought of mine.  How permanent is Spren death?  Syl was only as dead as the oaths.  Could Adolin revive his blade by taking the proper oaths.  Could he have already started this on some level?  After all he talks to his blade almost reverently.  Maybe the reason he is such a badass duelist is because he has more than the typical shard bearer Bond with it and draws a tiny bit of storm light/power from it.  I'd love to see some of the more noble shard bearers revive their Spren.

3 hours ago, Ainadil said:

So here is a thought of mine.  How permanent is Spren death?  Syl was only as dead as the oaths.  Could Adolin revive his blade by taking the proper oaths.  Could he have already started this on some level?  After all he talks to his blade almost reverently.  Maybe the reason he is such a badass duelist is because he has more than the typical shard bearer Bond with it and draws a tiny bit of storm light/power from it.  I'd love to see some of the more noble shard bearers revive their Spren.

It is a popular theory, but nobody really thinks it has happened yet. Adolin's skills is all his.

I don't remember a topic specially dedicated to this, I think the discussions are in different threads on related subjects. One I can point you to is Who is actually Radiant? It's an old one and more about how much sense it makes for Adolin to be KR and which Order. There's a WoB Adolin's Blade belonged to an Edgedancer, I don't remember if it predates or came after the said thread. 

I feel an Elsecaller will be capable of connecting with a 'Dead' Spren and reviving said Spren.

With Syl and Pattern, we see that Spren transitioning to the Physical Realm are Dumb and only slowly come to sentience. This seems very important in the Recreance Era Spren conversation. If they lose that much crossing realms and are able to recover, then a Surgebinder with the ability to enter Shadesmar can potentially Resurrect a dead spren.

3 hours ago, Ainadil said:

I'd love to read what people had to say about it.  I tried searching for similar threads but I failed anyone got a link or anything about it? 

Oh there were many topics.... Huh, just try perhaps "Adolin" and "Edgedancers" and you might find it? Or, if you have enough courage and patience, scroll through my posts until you find the ones where I talk about it??? :ph34r: Daunting task. I'll see if I can locate one of the older thread.

3 hours ago, Aleksiel said:

I don't remember a topic specially dedicated to this, I think the discussions are in different threads on related subjects. One I can point you to is Who is actually Radiant? It's an old one and more about how much sense it makes for Adolin to be KR and which Order. There's a WoB Adolin's Blade belonged to an Edgedancer, I don't remember if it predates or came after the said thread. 

Don't remember the thread, but the theory existed before. You made a strong case for it before we knew about Adolin's Blade ;) There were many threads afterwards where it was discussed... but I can't remember their title... I mean "Adolin" and "something" probably :ph34r: 

Edited by maxal

• 2 weeks later...

In the second book, there is a part where two scholars realize that if they record a spren's current characteristics, it is unable to change it's characteristics until they are erased from the paper they are written on. It is possible that the spren in shardblades 'died' when they were forgotten and if Adolin is able to somehow speak his blades spren's name or bring it to life, just him knowing the characteristics of the spren will be enough to bring it back, since it will be again 'recorded' through memory. At least, that's my take on it.

Two relevant WoB's here. The first is the confirmation that Adolin's Blade originally belonged to an Edgedancer. The second is that something more would need to be done to revive it than just Adolin speaking the proper Oaths. He's said on multiple occasions that reviving a dead Blade is very difficult unless you happen to be the original Radiant.

Like other said reviving a Deadblade is something possible in theory but extremely difficoult unless you are the One who killed It.

The Spren's soul is merged with the Knight's One and when the Knight broke his Oaths, part of the Spren is trapped into the Knight...this leave the Spren mostly "Brain Dead".

The original Knight could provide back to the Spren what he Lost quite easly. But others can't...I believe that a revived Spren (not by his original Knight) will be no more the same, live enough to think but not fully Sapient as a normal Radiant's Spren.

• Chaos locked this topic