[OB] Time for Interludes?

Salkara

TWoK had 11 chapters before the first set of interludes. WoR had 12 chapters before the first set of interludes. We've now had a total of 15 chapters. Is Kaladin surrendering to the newly freed parshmen and Shallan sleeping happily big enough cliffhangers for the first set of OB interludes next week?

32 minutes ago, ccstat said:

Peter has confirmed that interludes are not part of the planned preview chapters on Tor. We will be getting up through Ch 32, which is the end of Part I. Interludes should fall between Ch 32 and 33.

Oh, didn't realize that. That's quite a jump in Part I chapters tho. 11 and 12 to 32?

5 minutes ago, Salkara said:

Oh, didn't realize that. That's quite a jump in Part I chapters tho. 11 and 12 to 32?

Because the book has 122 chapters in total. TWoK had 75 and WoR 89.

Based on what I put here: Oathbringer Word Counts the chapters are around half the length in Oathbringer than in the other SA books.

Part One is a fantastic taste of the overall product. Long ago, Brandon said he plotted Oathbringer as a trilogy. That is, that there are three distinct sections of Oathbringer. In Words of Radiance, he also did this, where the first "book" in Words of Radiance was Parts One and Two, the second "book" is Part Three, and the third "book" is Parts Four and Five. And if you have read Words of Radiance recently, you know that each of those "books" has a pretty big climax. Well, for Oathbringer, you can see in that Reddit link, Part One of Oathbringer is its first "book". Get hyped. 

Also with Part One being the "first book" you would think that it would be longer. 12*2 = 24 + (4*2) = 32. So if you add 4 WoK/WoR size chapters to part one (for 16 total) you get 32 chapters in Oathbringer's Part One. WoR has about 17 chapters in each part or 34 Oathbringer sized chapters. So it makes sense for there to be a lot more (20) chapters before the Interludes.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Time for Interludes?
  • Chaos locked this topic