Fullborn vs Stormrunner

Just to clarify @Stormsurfer, by "Stormrunner" you mean "Windrunner" right? Someone bonded to an Honorspren who has access to the surges of Gravitation and Adhesion and can use the following powers: Full lashing, Basic lashing, and Reverse lashing? If so, I second Calderis - a Fullborn would absolutely destroy a Windrunner.

Fullborns are possibly the strongest, in terms of raw combat power, human magic user we have seen in the Cosmere. Off the top of my head I cannot think of another magic user who could go head-to-head with a Fullborn. An Elantrian, given enough prep time, might be able to think of something really useful to do with Aons... maybe.

You can pretty safely assume that anyone who's a Mistborn+Feruchemist and has figured out Compounding will trounce nearly anyone in the setting below the level of the Shards with only a few possible exceptions: Another person with the same powers (then it comes down to skill), an Elantrian (depending on what they can do with AonDor), Vasher with Nightblood and a lot of Breath (possibly, based on Brandon having him as one of the last two protagonists who'd be left standing in a hypothetical melee along with Kelsier) and Hoid (because he's described as being more or less unkillable).

In the specific case of Radiants, they draw most of their power from a single limited resource (Stormlight) and without it they can't do any Surgebinding, don't get the enhanced physical abilities and lose their healing factor. Unless they're fighting in the middle of a highstorm, the 'Fullborn' (has anyone asked Brandon if he's developed his own term for a Mistborn+Feruchemist?) could simply outlast the Radiant. Also, Radiants are restricted in various ways by their Oaths which could hurt their effectiveness in a fight depending on the circumstances. It's one of the reasons Brandon mentioned that Vin would win in a hypothetical Vin/Kaladin matchup, and she's 'only' a Mistborn.

5 minutes ago, King Cole said:

Fullborn win almost every time

That's because they're ridiculous. I'm convinced the weakened genes I'm Era 2 are, from a writing perspective, there to make Fullborn an impossible occurrence. They're just too powerful. Like @Weltall just said, other than a Shard, another Fullborn, or some very special circumstances, they just win. Period. 

They're too strong to have be anything more than the one we've already seen who convinced the world he was God for Harmony's sake. 

Edited by Calderis

I can't think of a single scenario where a Fullborn loses if he is prepared. Even if they were leeched, they could bite their cheek or something and the traces of iron would probably be enough for them to destroy people. 

Fullborn don't need to breathe, eat, sleep. They can't be killed or get tired. They are way too OP

Let's see, they can do everything a Mistborn could (in modern times this would include the Era two metals) 

Plus as you just said not need food, water, air, sleep, could think at speeds that are beyond ridiculous, move at speeds only limited by air resistance (and with Gold healing wouldn't have to worry about dying from friction), heal from almost anything, increase their weight to the point that nothing could push them Etc. Etc. Etc. 

Now add nicrosil compounding into that mix. Store their allomantic ability to steelpushing and burn that to make themselves exponentially stronger Allomancers. 

Modern era Fullborn would be absolutely unstoppable. Why bother with the increased muscle mass from pewter Feruchemy when you can just compound your strength in pewter Allomancy via nicrosil and burn pewter for an all around physical boost that increases everything about you physically without the limitation of muscle mass? 

Fullborn in the modern era would make TLR look like a child fighting in an MMA match.

Edit: they literally had to go. The interactions between the metals would have put Brandon in the situation of having an unstoppable hero, or a villain that required a Shard to take down. 

Edited by Calderis

8 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

I have once analysed the extent of the power of the Fullborns. You don't get much more broken than that.

Enjoy the read, I hope you find it useful.

I hadn't seen that thread before. That's I figured other people had caught the nicrosil compounding thing, but I never see it brought up. That's seriously just... Yeah. 

The other... Character you bring up in that thread worries me for both the unstoppable hero and van reasons :(

5 hours ago, Calderis said:

Fullborn in the modern era would make TLR look like a child fighting in an MMA match.

It's possible this wouldn't be the case. TLR likely knew about all the metals from his ascension and was using nicrosil feruchemy (maybe compounding, although I imagine nicrosil was very rare) to soothe hundreds of thousands of people at once.

47 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

It's possible this wouldn't be the case. TLR likely knew about all the metals from his ascension and was using nicrosil feruchemy (maybe compounding, although I imagine nicrosil was very rare) to soothe hundreds of thousands of people at once.

I don't believe so. If he had nicrosilminds, they should have been found after his death unless he only wore them on special occasions and hid them the rest of the time. 

Even then, the ripped the place apart looking for the Atium. A previously unknown metal should have caught their attention 

Just now, Calderis said:

I don't believe so. If he had nicrosilminds, they should have been found after his death unless he only wore them on special occasions and hid them the rest of the time. 

Even then, the ripped the place apart looking for the Atium. A previously unknown metal should have caught their attention 

No real way for them to tell what metal his minds were made of without eating them or calling in a metallurgist which i doubt they did. Nicrosil looks pretty ordinary too - and they didn't find any of the other metals like aluminum or electrum so I don't think they would have found nicrosil either. Besides, TLR got mastery of the metallic arts from his ascension right? That surely includes the unknown metals.

13 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

No real way for them to tell what metal his minds were made of without eating them or calling in a metallurgist which i doubt they did. Nicrosil looks pretty ordinary too - and they didn't find any of the other metals like aluminum or electrum so I don't think they would have found nicrosil either. Besides, TLR got mastery of the metallic arts from his ascension right? That surely includes the unknown metals.

I don't doubt that he knew what it was. I just don't think he had it because he made himself stronger than a lerasium Mistborn. 

Once they learned what he was, any metal he had would be suspect. 

4 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I don't doubt that he knew what it was. I just don't think he had it because he made himself stronger than a lerasium Mistborn. 

Once they learned what he was, any metal he had would be suspect. 

He probably had the maximum strength he could without turning into mists

20 minutes ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

I thought that even with the Era 1 stronger genes it wasn't possible to be born a Fullborn. Maximum naturally was either Mistborn or Feruchemist. However since I can't enter theoryland I can't double check if that comes from a WoB. 

It wasn’t at the time because the Terris genes hadn't intermixed with the main population. 

During the the events of Era 1, Synod, and with it the last living full feruchemists were wiped out. Sazed was the last living Feruchemist, and even without ascension couldn't have passed on his genes as a eunuch. 

Ferrings exist now because of that intermixing of Allomancy and Feruchemy genes. For Fullborn to have been possible in the past, Ferrings would have to have been as well. 

Nice Fullborn thread. Couldn't help but give a couple upvotes despite been necroed.

Now I wonder how dissapointed we would be if 

Secret history spoilers

Spoiler

Kelsier somehow didn't get the Feruchemical abilities we all assume

Calderis, I thought it was impossible to get Fullborn genetically, regardless of the combinations you made or how the genes were mixed. But admittedly I am not at all certain of this.

31 minutes ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

Calderis, I thought it was impossible to get Fullborn genetically, regardless of the combinations you made or how the genes were mixed. But admittedly I am not at all certain of this.

I don't believe so. If that were true, I don't think TLR would have been nearly as thorough in his subjugation of the Terris people. 

The Kandra were the first wave of elimination by removing feruchemists. Then you had the breeding program and the castration of Terrismen. His entire goal with the Terris was keeping feruchemical genes out of the populace to avoid someone able to challenge him. 

10 minutes ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

Yes, but wasn't he mistaken when he thought that was a possibility?

If so this is the first I've heard of it. 

I could definitely be wrong, but outside of a Non-Canon work (Aether) this would be the first instance I've heard of any magics excluding each other. 

I don't think it would be common by any means, but if you had the genetic code for both, why couldn't it happen? 

• Chaos locked this topic