Hello!

StormLight_Luc

Hi everyone!

Somebody here? ;)

Honestly I'm the one surprised to find myself here :)

Meaning, I have been reading the forums since quite some time, reading the posts and theories of the members and the quality of what I have found here... Well it's sometimes a little bit intimidating! Realy guys, sometimes the sheer depth of those ideas, of theories, commentaries everything that can be found here... it's just WOW!

So to start, thank you all for welcoming me here, taking your time (or not!) for reading this, and above everything else a more than heartfelt THANK YOU (!!) for mr. Sanderson for sharing his world, his universe, with us.

So, a little bit about myself:

Male, Born in Uruguay some 30 odd years ago, living currently in Belgium, absolutley nuts about the Stormlight Archive, even if Elantris was the first Brandon book I read (loved it but was simply ignorant of all the realmatics behind it, same for the Mistborn series).

Seriously, buying The Way of Kings? A hunch... and falling in love with Roshar and everything in it? Just the next thing :)

Just so you know, first I bought the english hardcover, then the two paperback parts (easier to move with it), then the US version, just gorgeous and way better than the Gollancz edition and finally the e-book version. Ditto for WoR, hardcover both US&UK, and just because I can't wait also the e-book version :)

So, once again thank you for your time and your welcome.

See ya! :)

Hi there! :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Well to be honest, no I didn't read Warbreaker, at least not yet.

Fact is there are so many books from Brandon out there that it's a little hard to chose between one or another. If I had to put some order I should read first the Alloy of Law as one of Mr Sanderson's work that I did finish was the mistborn series... but I promise that as soon as possible I'll do it :)

Of course Words of Radiance is just around the corner ;)

So, just curious but what you wrote, what is it about? Is it available? And, on another topic, are you irish? I ask because some of my favourite music is Irish... just wish I know how to speak some gaelic :)

Anyway off to sleep but before, once again, thank you for the welcome!

See ya!

Hi there! :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Well to be honest, no I didn't read Warbreaker, at least not yet.

Fact is there are so many books from Brandon out there that it's a little hard to chose between one or another. If I had to put some order I should read first the Alloy of Law as one of Mr Sanderson's work that I did finish was the mistborn series... but I promise that as soon as possible I'll do it :)

Of course Words of Radiance is just around the corner ;)

That's okay. It's not something you absolutely have to do, but it is good when you get around to it. It was really convenient for me, because I just downloaded it on my iPad and used that as my book for a few days.

So, just curious but what you wrote, what is it about? Is it available? And, on another topic, are you irish? I ask because some of my favourite music is Irish... just wish I know how to speak some gaelic :)

Anyway off to sleep but before, once again, thank you for the welcome!

See ya!

I began writing very recently. My writing is not as good as I want it to be, so it's not available to the public yet in general. Still, I participated in NaNoWriMo last fall, which is an organization which helps people write 50,000 words in a month. (For size, that's a novella, like the Christmas Carol).

I am very slightly Irish. I love Irish music too, though, and much of my harp repertoire is Irish.

Enough about me. How much do you know and/or care about the Cosmere?

EDIT: I don't know if you were aware, but on this forum we generally don't double post. If you have something to add, click the edit button on your last post, by the quote and multiquote buttons. Thank you!

Edited by Limelleth

Hi again :)

First, thanks for the head's up concerning double posts, I'll remember it.

Second, about what I know about the Cosmere, well I can say that I sort of get it but without much in depth knowledge.

I know about the 16 Shards of Adonalsium but not about the mechanics of how it all works, I have to go and read the Cosmere wiki I guess...

I know enough to say that Odium is bad news (major understatement here) and what is going on on Roshar is quite simply Universe shaking.

As Tanavast said to Dalinar "this isn't just about you either"

Anyway this is going to be a fun ride :)

• Chaos locked this topic