I've been lurking forever, but now I'm here!

AbsentKeeper

The title pretty much says it all, I've been lurking here and reading fan theories for probably over a year now, and I finally finished every published work in the Cosmere, so I decided to finally make an account. Storm it! it took me long enough, but I promise I'll contribute from now on :lol:

3 minutes ago, Cowmanthethird said:

Thanks! Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I wanted to finish all the books before I joined, partially to avoid spoilers, and partially just to know what I'm talking about.

I understand. I have to warn you though, there's so much info buried that you'll find plenty of places to feel like the books gave you no clue as to what is going on. 

I know I feel out of my depth all the storming time. 

24 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I understand. I have to warn you though, there's so much info buried that you'll find plenty of places to feel like the books gave you no clue as to what is going on. 

I know I feel out of my depth all the storming time. 

I've already started browsing the compiled WOB post, is there anything else I should take a look at?

Pagerunner's compilation is great, but it pretty much only covers AMA's from reddit. 

The interview database link on the main forum page takes you to Theoryland, where signing event questions are compiled. It's... Unintuitive. You can search for anything containing the word you search for, but it searches for exactly the word you type. So you have to search "word" "words" "worded" and "wording" separately to get all forms of the word. 

There's a lot there and it's mixed in with Wheel of time stuff, because that's what the site started for. 

Around Oathbringer release, the administration here is planning to release a database of our own dedicated to Brandon, and hopefully it's search will work better. 

There's a lot to wade through. 

Edited by Calderis

Hey, welcome to the Shard, @Cowmanthethird! Have an upvote and a free spiked delicious cookie!

Spoiler

cookie.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Side effects include, but are not limited to, hearing voices, gaining supernatural powers, having the sudden urge to kill everyone, and completely losing control over your mind and body. The Dark Alley™ claims no liability for any damage done to/by the eater of this cookie.

Also, don't worry, the confusion of seeing all this extra hidden stuff behind the scenes does wear off eventually, but it's still so crazy how connected and amazingly all of the Cosmere is.