Khriss and Nazh in BoM

King Cole

Question

When I reread Bands of Mourning I noticed that who I assume are Khriss and Nazh put out an ad for talking metal tools. Do we have any idea what this is about? I have some ideas but I want to make sure I know the full story first

6 answers to this question

It has been noticed, but no one has followed up on it at a signing, so we don't know anything more. Some people think they're trying to find Nightblood. I, personally, think that they're looking for Scadrian Splinters that might manifest as metal (whether or not such things actually exist).

22 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

It has been noticed, but no one has followed up on it at a signing, so we don't know anything more. Some people think they're trying to find Nightblood. I, personally, think that they're looking for Scadrian Splinters that might manifest as metal (whether or not such things actually exist).

Yeah I was thinking Nightblood

On 7/13/2017 at 9:56 AM, Pagerunner said:

I, personally, think that they're looking for Scadrian Splinters that might manifest as metal (whether or not such things actually exist).

I haven't seen anyone propose that idea, and I like it a lot. I also think it's probably a fruitless endeavor. Between the mists (which seem to have some minor cognition in the way react to investiture use) and the amount of investiture places into individual Scadrians by the Shards, I'm guessing there aren't enough pieces of free investiture floating around to have developed into splinters. 

I am won during if heavily invested metal minds might sometimes act a little sentient when mixed with electricity. It would be a funny consequence of the industrial revolution. 

Awakening could be possible, but awakening metal seems like a VERY weird choice. Id rather this be a Scadrial issue. 

Edited by teknopathetic

17 hours ago, teknopathetic said:

I am won during if heavily invested metal minds might sometimes act a little sentient when mixed with electricity. It would be a funny consequence of the industrial revolution. 

Awakening could be possible, but awakening metal seems like a VERY weird choice. Id rather this be a Scadrial issue. 

I've had similar thoughts as well, but given that the BoM didn't achieve sentience after several centuries despite being super Invested, it might be kinda weird if other metalminds became self aware.

I don't think it's totally out of the question, but feruchemy alone seems like it might not be enough. Maybe an atium spike Invested with mental fortitude from dozens of people and filled to bursting with youth would work? It would probably help it evolve its cognitive Identity if a lot of people worshipped it as well...:ph34r: