Two Questions

Kered

Question

Instead of making two different topics, I'll just post both questions in here. 

First question. Has it ever been stated in-world or via a WoB if a "living" shardblade will burn out someone eye's like a "dead" one will. I did some skim reading and the only thing I found was how Szeths Honorblade burns out eyes. But this might not apply to the regular shardblades, as honorblades are obviously different. Also playing a factor could be that the reason Szeth's honorblade burns out eyes could be that he's not the intended user of the honorblade(Jezrien). 

Second question. Is there a WoB about if Honor, Cultivation, and Odium new about how Preservation trapped Ruin in the well? I see this as potentially being the thing that helped Honor come up with the Oathpact. 

4 answers to this question

I'll try to dig for WoBs to support if I can. 

1. I think that they'd cause the same effect as a "dead" Shardblade is just trapped in the Physical and inflicts damage in the same manner as a living Spren in blade form. I think it's an effect of the death originating in the Spiritual Realm. 

2. Not that I'm aware of, but I'm not as good at that as others, so I'll look for something. 

8 minutes ago, Extesian said:

When Shallan kills Tyn her eyes burn.  I'll see if I can find something on the Ruin thing but I have my doubts there is one.

I feel stupid for forgetting that bit. You're totally right. 

Thanks guys, I also missed the Tyn bit. 

For the second question. I feel that Preservation trapping the literal power of another shard would send out some shockwaves throughout the cosmere, as that's a lot of power to be throwing around. I think I remember seeing a WoB where someone asked if the way Odium is trapped is as the same as how Ruin was trapped. But I can't remember the answer. Search the Collection right meow.