Speculation: Modern Shardblades and Plate are copies.

eveorjoy

Modern shards are not copies.

Modern shards are those that were left when the Knights Radiant broke their oathes....in turn "killing" their spren.

The Shin people hold the 10 honorblades...well 9 since Szeth possesses on of the honorblades himself.

Kaladin, and the other Radiants cannot wield modern shards because they still hold to their oathes...they hear screaming every time they touch a modern shardblade.

Modern shards are not copies.

Modern shards are those that were left when the Knights Radiant broke their oathes....in turn "killing" their spren.

The Shin people hold the 10 honorblades...well 9 since Szeth possesses on of the honorblades himself.

Kaladin, and the other Radiants cannot wield modern shards because they still hold to their oathes...they hear screaming every time they touch a modern shardblade.

Actually they hold only 7.  One was given to Szeth, and is now in the possesion of Kaladin.  One never left Taln's possession, until Wit pulled a switcheroo (probably).  And one was retrieved by a Herald after they abandoned them.

I'm going to assume that anyone making it here have read WoR by now, but the origin of shardblades is completely explained in that book.

Yup. I was wrong, but I am pleased with the truth. :D

• Chaos locked this topic