Sadly, this'll all be over soon for me. :(

akasketch

Here's a story for all y'all:

Once upon a time, a kid tried to get involved with an RPG site called Mistborn: the Inquisition right after he finished reading The Alloy of Law.

This kid got on, posted on a lot of topics and tried to get as connected as possible for a couple days, then was unable to get back on for around a week as life sped up again. He kept telling himself, "I'll be able to get on again soon," but never did. Thoughts of the site gradually went away as the month dragged on, until he realized that he had been a little too excited, and posted in what he felt was an embarrassing way; acting too kiddish, which was silly, because he was pretty much a teenage kid.

Now, here he is again, a couple years later, finding an awesome Brandon Sanderson website, and a means to blog and such in an inclusive community. The question is, will it play out the same way?

Kiddish enthusiasm, from someone who found something they were really passionate about, and wanted to get themselves involved in the community?

Are you past me, because that story sounds very familiar.

If you do want to end up staying... well, like Jason said, you'd be welcome. It's nice to have passion about something you enjoy; after all, there's no point in growing up if you want be childish once in a while.

Welcome! It's always good to be able to revisit something you were so passionate about long back, and finding you still feel the same way years later. 

There's no point being embarrassed about things you did then due to said passion.

It's nice to have passion about something you enjoy; after all, there's no point in growing up if you want be childish once in a while.

There's no point in growing up at all if it means you're not allowed to be childish once in a while. Or maybe I should rephrase that to childlike.

Thanks, guys. I know that now, but then I had taken a small dosage of "cool pills," and thus was embarrassed to return. I'm just happy to find this site! The first thing I saw was the forum regarding conic wardings, and I was like, "These... These are my people... *sniffle*"

Thanks, guys. I know that now, but then I had taken a small dosage of "cool pills," and thus was embarrassed to return. I'm just happy to find this site! The first thing I saw was the forum regarding conic wardings, and I was like, "These... These are my people... *sniffle*"

Funny how we define "cool" when we're younger. I say cool is whatever makes you deliriously passionate and happy.

There, there..stop sniffling. You're home.

Hey akasketch, like in any new home, we have to learn the house rules first. I'm also new here and I've found members to be particularly helpful, so I'll pay it forward. 

The rules are very well laid out and organized in a way that would allow any fledgling member to find stuff quickly and share thoughts without offending. It also gives you the basics and advanced capabilities of the site, so be sure to browse through it and you'll find your questions above, answered.

Ah and you're welcome.

Edited by quitecontrary

• Chaos locked this topic