[OB] Locations, Heralds, Radiant Orders

Chinsukolo

So I had this idea before Oathbringer excerpts were out, but I posted it here because i feel like the Soul Caster interlude supports the idea and wanted to include it.

We know the 10 Heralds align with the 10 Radiant orders.  We also know their were 10 Silver Age Kingdoms, each with a Capitol City and an Oathgate to Urithru.

I believe (and think the literature supports it vaguely) that their are 10 Dawn Citys that have the resonate shapes from the Cynmatics (sp), and that these were/are the Capitols of the 10 Silver Kingdoms.  So I kind of extrapolate that to mean each Capitol and each Kingdom has a Herald "patron".  I think this can explain quite a few things and also might offer some possible reason but others.

For example some reason use on Herald more than the others in their curses and lay terms.  Some places are much more focused on one ideal/idea than others, such as Laws (Azir(?) / Nalan / SkyBreakers), or  Leading and Protection (Kholinar / Jezrein / WindRunners), or Kharbaranth for Lightweavers (maybe).  Anyways I havent sorted them all out and we're missing lots of data, but that's the concept.

Now I wanted to take this a step farther and suggest maybe SoulCasters that aren't Fabrials (originals) were made in Aimia because their Patron Herald was ElseCaller (Battar). The reason they are so protective is they are only ones who know how to make the original type of Soulcaster, and they are protecting that knowledge (as suggested by others), and they have that knowledge because of their Kingdom/Capitols patron Herald.  So perhaps the other kingdoms still have or had and are forgotten, things they can do that no one else can do as well becasue of who their patron herald was.

Thoughts?

IIRC, this idea has been proposed several times before, but I think your list of cities and their Heralds is the longers anyone's every complied. This being said, I'd argue that Kholinar is "Taln's city", as Taln manifested in Alethkar and Alethkar itself is a country most associated with war and warriors while Taln is called the Herald of War.

21 hours ago, Chinsukolo said:

So I had this idea before Oathbringer excerpts were out, but I posted it here because i feel like the Soul Caster interlude supports the idea and wanted to include it.

We know the 10 Heralds align with the 10 Radiant orders.  We also know their were 10 Silver Age Kingdoms, each with a Capitol City and an Oathgate to Urithru.

I believe (and think the literature supports it vaguely) that their are 10 Dawn Citys that have the resonate shapes from the Cynmatics (sp), and that these were/are the Capitols of the 10 Silver Kingdoms.  So I kind of extrapolate that to mean each Capitol and each Kingdom has a Herald "patron".  I think this can explain quite a few things and also might offer some possible reason but others.

For example some reason use on Herald more than the others in their curses and lay terms.  Some places are much more focused on one ideal/idea than others, such as Laws (Azir(?) / Nalan / SkyBreakers), or  Leading and Protection (Kholinar / Jezrein / WindRunners), or Kharbaranth for Lightweavers (maybe).  Anyways I havent sorted them all out and we're missing lots of data, but that's the concept.

Now I wanted to take this a step farther and suggest maybe SoulCasters that aren't Fabrials (originals) were made in Aimia because their Patron Herald was ElseCaller (Battar). The reason they are so protective is they are only ones who know how to make the original type of Soulcaster, and they are protecting that knowledge (as suggested by others), and they have that knowledge because of their Kingdom/Capitols patron Herald.  So perhaps the other kingdoms still have or had and are forgotten, things they can do that no one else can do as well becasue of who their patron herald was.

Thoughts?

I've often wondered about the significance of the cymatics and the corresponding cities too. Its hard to speculate too much since we are only told of 4 cities I believe so its difficult to spot a pattern. 

I like the idea that they are the Dawncities but I just wanted to point out that Kharbranth was not one of the examples given in the books as having a matching cymatic pattern. However Thaylen City was, and was also in the same Silver Kingdom. I'm not sure if that affects your thoughts at all.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Locations, Heralds, Radiant Orders
  • Chaos locked this topic