[OB] Taker of Secrets

Blightsong

I like it. I don't think it's alone though. Like I posted in another thread, I think that the death rattles flow both ways. I think Moelach's true purpose is gaining knowledge from those who pass and the death rattles are a byproduct of the process. 

If both of these things are true, and Odium has two Unmade used for gathering intelligence, it could change things quite a bit when they're already stacked in his favor. 

Sold. 

One thing I'll note is I don't think it's intercepting the person in the Cognitive Realm, I think it's actually extracting the information from their spiritweb.

There are those who can pull secrets from your soul, and the cost would be the ends of worlds. 

That could have just been colloquial for the Cognitive Realm but we do know that a spiritweb hangs around after death so I suspect it's a spren that can hack that. But great find!

Just now, Argent said:

Blightsong, chapter name analyzer. 

Has anyone reread the Taker of Secrets chapter recently? Is there anything else in it that could match the title?

I did when i found this, doesnt seem like it could match up with anything else.

• 4 months later...

I've been seeing a lot of new posters around here and thought I'd bump this thread. It's been buried but I think it's still relevant to a lot of you folks who aren't regulars here until release seasons. 

P. S. Double post and a Necro? Don't take after my example, new Sharders :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the theory on Moelach and the death rattles, but Spren also have secrets to take. 

As we've seen with Syl and Windle a Spren can be a powerful spy. An unmade that can corrupt and gain information from    Spren would have an unmatched spy network. More in the cognition category than the precognition though.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Taker of Secrets
  • 1 month later...
On 5/31/2017 at 1:14 PM, Argent said:

Blightsong, chapter name analyzer. 

Has anyone reread the Taker of Secrets chapter recently? Is there anything else in it that could match the title?

I haven't been able to reread, but I think you're on to something. Usually, in SA, the chapter title is directly quoted in the chapter itself. Whether through dialogue, description, or character thoughts

• Chaos locked this topic