Beat-up books and why that is usually a good sign

Tesh

About a month ago, I got a compacted paperback copy of Way of Kings. By the time I was done with it two weeks later, the cover was bent in about six different places, six on front, six on back. The silver on Brandon Sanderson's name was rubbing off, and the spine was bent in several places. The sides were also very dinged up. Some people say that is just part of having a paperback. But another paperback I got before this one, didn't have a single bend in it. And it took me about a week to read. Others may say I was just really hard on that book. But I treated it like any other. The case with this book, was that it was so good I couldn't stop reading it until I was done. So, I carried it around with me for two weeks. Which also involved being in Idaho, the car, school, my purse, and being dropped several times. It means that you really enjoy that book, and can kind of feel the spren of the book. If your book is beat up, paperback or hardcover, for this reason, that is good. (As long as you can still read it). Try to be gentle with books so they last awhile, and if you liked this, give me some suggestions on another topic, book I might like, or simply ask a question you have about the Stormlight Archives. Or if you need a suggestion on a book, simply go to my profile and tell me the type of book you're looking for. Keep reading!

IMG_20170520_100542.jpgIMG_20170520_100553.jpgIMG_20170520_100601.jpg

This is the other one I was talking about

IMG_20170520_101335.jpg

Edited by Smart Sloth

Yah I have a hardcover.  I've read WoR three times now, and the sleeve is all torn up.  What's funny is when you bring it to school, and it won't fit in your backpack, so you have to carry it around and everyone comments about how big the book is.  I'm doing a book report on it, and I am literally bringing a brick as a representation.

10 hours ago, Smart Sloth said:

About a month ago, I got a compacted paperback copy of Way of Kings. By the time I was done with it two weeks later, the cover was bent in about six different places, six on front, six on back. The silver on Brandon Sanderson's name was rubbing off, and the spine was bent in several places. The sides were also very dinged up. Some people say that is just part of having a paperback. But another paperback I got before this one, didn't have a single bend in it. And it took me about a week to read. Others may say I was just really hard on that book. But I treated it like any other. The case with this book, was that it was so good I couldn't stop reading it until I was done. So, I carried it around with me for two weeks. Which also involved being in Idaho, the car, school, my purse, and being dropped several times. It means that you really enjoy that book, and can kind of feel the spren of the book. If your book is beat up, paperback or hardcover, for this reason, that is good. (As long as you can still read it). Try to be gentle with books so they last awhile, and if you liked this, give me some suggestions on another topic, book I might like, or simply ask a question you have about the Stormlight Archives. Or if you need a suggestion on a book, simply go to my profile and tell me the type of book you're looking for. Keep reading!

Lol this reminds me of when Kaladin says that a worn spear is better than a brand new one because you know it's reliable if it has a few knicks on its blade

• Chaos locked this topic