Storing determination.

Gizmosowner

Question

6 answers to this question

Well, we know that there are lower boundaries of how much you can store of any given attribute and they vary.depending on the attribute (WoB here) so Determination's lower boundary is probably set 'high' enough that you hit it before continual storage becomes self-defeating.

Here's a bonus question: Would Shard's have limitless Determination, then? Since they have an Intent from the Shard, they could basically be fueled by Shardic Intent. Or would they? Maybe if someone just stores all their Determination they can be a Shard sans-Intent.

On 2017-5-23 at 9:21 AM, Jedal said:

Here's a bonus question: Would Shard's have limitless Determination, then? Since they have an Intent from the Shard, they could basically be fueled by Shardic Intent. Or would they? Maybe if someone just stores all their Determination they can be a Shard sans-Intent.

I see it as the opposite way (if I've understood correctly). We know Vessels can and do fight the Intent imposed on them by their Shard. Firstly I don't think  shard can actually 'store' anything, that's a level of magic beneath them, for want of a better word. But if they could I believe it would be storing the Vessel's determination, which would immediately let the Intent of the Shard overwhelm them completely. Sazed's determination is the only thing enabling Harmony to act.