Odium and Mistborn

Zmaray

@Gudbrand, @Gizmosowner Iirc, Brandon has stated that Mistborn era 2 (Wax and Wayne) takes place in the gap between the first half of the Stormlight Archive (books 1-5) and the back half (books 6-10). So, it is technically possible that Odium is (somehow) freed at the end of the first half and is involved in era 2. As far as I know, there is, currently, no official confirmation of said theory.

I also remember someone mentioning that the Elantris Sequels needed to be finished before Era 3 Mistborn for some form of "reasons."

I don't remember if it was Realmatic reasons (for our understanding) or Story reasons or something else, but I distinctly remember somebody bringing this up before and the Elantris Sequels were in the 2015 State of the Sanderson alongside Stormlight 4 and 5. I haven't checked last years SotS yet, so maybe thing have changed

16 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

I also remember someone mentioning that the Elantris Sequels needed to be finished before Era 3 Mistborn for some form of "reasons."

I don't remember if it was Realmatic reasons (for our understanding) or Story reasons or something else, but I distinctly remember somebody bringing this up before and the Elantris Sequels were in the 2015 State of the Sanderson alongside Stormlight 4 and 5. I haven't checked last years SotS yet, so maybe thing have changed

I thought this was because it was getting people ready for crossovers? Makes sense to start relatively small as to not overwhelm, and crossover two or so stories then build up from there. I swear I saw something that said Brandon is waiting for the "timeline to catch up". 

Edited by Kered

2 minutes ago, Kered said:

I thought this was because it was getting people ready for crossovers? Makes sense to start relatively small as to not overwhelm, and crossover two or so stories then build up from their. I swear I saw something that said Brandon is waiting for the "timeline to catch up". 

I did say I wasn't sure why he had to do that, just that people mentioned him saying it. Now that you mention it, I do remember the "timeline catching up" conversation from somewhere. Maybe you're right

This WoB is suggestive

Spoiler

"Q: If Odium were lured to Scadrial, would his physical body turn into a burnable metal? If so, could Harmony create an Odium-metal legion of Mistings to consume and burn it? Would that weaken him sufficiently enough to be killed or destroyed?

A: The difficulty here is, again, one of Identity. People born on Scadrial have an Identity tied to it and its magic. Odium would have to do certain things to make them able to use a magic he fuels. He has done these things on Roshar, so it's not impossible for him to manage it on Scadrial."

From Pagerunner's collected Reddit WoBs

On 5/15/2017 at 2:01 PM, Gudbrand said:

By the time of the events of the Stormlight Archive take place, has Odium killed Sazed and splintered Harmony?

WAIT!!!! When did we hear about this happening?????????

• Chaos locked this topic