Soulstone = Trellium?

This might be useful:

Lance Alvein

Meteorites are mentioned as "souls of dead gods". Do they have any relation to the Splinters of Devotion and Dominion and their physical aspects (like lerasium)?

BRANDON SANDERSON (paraphrased)

"Literally no". When asked if there is a connection to the splinters at all, I got another RAFO.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvsresults.php?kw=meteorites

• 3 weeks later...

There are splintered Shards. Ambition was literally splintered in space, so I think that if soulstone or Trellium is a god metal of a splintered shard, it would probably be Ambition. However, I personally think that Trellium is of Autonomy: impersonating a god is something Bavadin would do; Khriss has also stated that Bavadin is meddling on other worlds.

1 hour ago, Complexityspren said:

There are splintered Shards. Ambition was literally splintered in space, so I think that if soulstone or Trellium is a god metal of a splintered shard, it would probably be Ambition. However, I personally think that Trellium is of Autonomy: impersonating a god is something Bavadin would do; Khriss has also stated that Bavadin is meddling on other worlds.

My opinion is that it's fairly clearly not a metal. Since as far as we've seen, the pure investiture of a shard usually manifests as a metal, I don't think soulstone is really anything special realmatically, just stone good for SoulForgery.

• Chaos locked this topic