Crafting the Bands of Mourning?

tabitreader

Okay. So you profess TLR didn't need his old bands for his Metallic Arts, just a small trace of Atium to hold any extra age so he didn't overdo it one day and zap himself into an infant size Sliver of Preservation. With you so far. Being keyed to Rashek only he could touch the age stored within.

Alloy Era...the Sovereign (perhaps not physically Kelsier) has new "bands" (a blunt arrowhead...the Hunter Malwish sect?) crafted. Since he, Kelsier, held Fuzz's Shard's power expanding his mind in the 2/3 of the realmatic "strings" he still had via the device the Ire made to absorb a shards investiture + all the Cosmere knowledge he picked up in those 10 years learning more about Realmatic Theory (Sel perhaps...Mistborn: Secret History 2: Kelsier and Raoden's Excellent Adventure) to make him live and what not by cramming all your spirit webs what one needs to live into a hema-spike and jamming into some freshly dead blokes eye hole.

You realize that when we hear Brandon actually describe the process, we'll go "duh...we had it all wrong, Brandon Sanderson is genius. Mind. Blown!"

Any ideas how the arrowhead was made? Are there more? Is Kelsier gonna appear in the Epilogue of The Lost Metal?

Also, 300 was the number of years given for the geodes to regrow in the Pits of Hathsin (Ruin's Perpendicularity permitting Shadesmar travel once again.) Convenient for the Alloy Era to be 300 years Post-Catacendre. ;)

Edit: Changed spelling of The Last Metal to The Lost Metal...(cough...ettmetal...er...Harmonium)

Edited by tabitreader

2 hours ago, tabitreader said:

Okay. So you profess TLR didn't need his old bands for his Metallic Arts, just a small trace of Atium to hold any extra age so he didn't overdo it one day and zap himself into an infant size Sliver of Preservation. 

That, and so that he didn't have to be always burning atium. 

Spoiler

Alloy Era...the Sovereign (perhaps not physically Kelsier) has new "bands" (a blunt arrowhead...the Hunter Malwish sect?) crafted. Since he, Kelsier, held Fuzz's Shard's power expanding his mind in the 2/3 of the realmatic "strings" he still had via the device the Ire made to absorb a shards investiture + all the Cosmere knowledge he picked up in those 10 years learning more about Realmatic Theory (Sel perhaps...Mistborn: Secret History 2: Kelsier and Raoden's Excellent Adventure) to make him live and what not by cramming all your spirit webs what one needs to live into a hema-spike and jamming into some freshly dead blokes eye hole

Secret History and Elantris Spoilers.

Secret Historyou and Elantris spoilers.

Spoiler

Raoden's probably dead by now, at least a millennia later. In any case, I doubt Kelsier has left Scadrial yet since as a cognitive shadow tied to Scadrial, he has a lot of difficulty distancing himself from it, and I don't think he's realmatically knowledgeable enough to figure out how to.

Also, watch the spoilers. Secret History is still in its own sub-forum.

Also, 300 was the number of years given for the geodes to regrow in the Pits of Hathsin (Ruin's Perpendicularity permitting Shadesmar travel once again.) Convenient for the Alloy Era to be 300 years Post-Catacendre. ;)

Actually, if I recall correctly the amount of time was only given to be centuries. We've just assumed it to be 300 since then it lines up with Era 2. In any case, probably isn't relevant since according to WoB, the Pits are no more.

1 hour ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Actually, if I recall correctly the amount of time was only given to be centuries. We've just assumed it to be 300 since then it lines up with Era 2. In any case, probably isn't relevant since according to WoB, the Pits are no more.

It's pretty explicitly around three hundred years without atium.

Mistborn: The Final Empire Chapter 33

“I pretty much ended atium production in the Final Empire for the next three hundred years or so.”

I think it's worth noting though that in Shadows of Self, Wax actually finds himself within what is left of the Pits of Hathsin, with no atium in sight. Brandon's said on multiple occasion that both the Well of Ascension and the small wells within the Pits are no more in the modern era, so it does not seem that atium is currently being produced, at least in the same place or way.

I'm curious as to whether or not The Lost Metal is referring to Atium beginning to regrow on Scadrial because enough time has passed. I've heard theories of some other metals too (and maybe Atium sounds a little too obvious), but I'll be interested to see what this metal actually is. 

29 minutes ago, Windrunner said:

It's pretty explicitly around three hundred years without atium.

Mistborn: The Final Empire Chapter 33

I think it's worth noting though that in Shadows of Self, Wax actually finds himself within what is left of the Pits of Hathsin, with no atium in sight. Brandon's said on multiple occasion that both the Well of Ascension and the small wells within the Pits are no more in the modern era, so it does not seem that atium is currently being produced, at least in the same place or way.

Ah, okay. Though whether Kelsier is a reliable source or not is up for debate. 

Yeah, as I said, WoB is that the Pits are no more. 

Summarizing that both of Sazed's shards must have Shardpools/Perpendicularities.

Location will be different as he reshaped the seas, continents, etc. The Southerners likely found it by mining, which we know they're good at. God metals made the Era 1 trilogy (mists, well, Lerasium bead, Atium geodes/beads) much richer, what shall it do for Era 2? Sazium? ;)

Edited by tabitreader
added Sazium, play on words for Cesium

• Chaos locked this topic