lirin unfaithful?

stonedshaman

So as I'm rereading WoK I noticed that in a description of Tien it mentions his hair is black and brown( hardcover chapter 37: sides.  Page 539 in the second paragraph).  Now I may be wrong but in all descriptions of kaladin I believe they say his hair is black.  If I'm wrong please let me know.  Now of this is true it would mean that kaladin and Tien have at least one different parent.  What are your thoughts?

Doubtful. Siblings have different shades of hair regularly. In my family we run from almost straight blond to a very dark brown. There's no reason that Kaladin can't have black hair and Tien have dark brown ish without being half brothers. 

Edited by LeftVash

Brandon confirmed a while ago that Kaladin was Lirin and Hesina's legitimate son. I was very pleased with it as, quite frankly, I feel the "you are the secret son of someone else" trope has been played way too often in fantasy. It is refreshing to read about characters who's parents are... exactly who they seem to be.

I would also note it is possible for brothers to have very different hair color in Roshar. For instance, Adolin is practically completely blond while Renarin is mostly black, hence they are full blooded brothers, confirmed by yet another WoB.

I have been wondering about kaladins parantage aswell. The reason for this is the fact that kaladin is very tall and lirin, tien are small of stature and hesina is not described as very tall.

Perhaps rosharan genetics works differently?.

I have a pet theory that Hesina is the Dark- eyed daughter of a Light- eyed/Dark- eyed couple.

Explains her reading, wittiness, and where Lirin and her got the idea to marry off Kaladin to a Light- eyes. And also why Lirin was so nervous about meeting her parents.

• Chaos locked this topic