Hey! New guy here.

Lugez

I decided to make an account here since I've been lurking for a long time.  I've pretty much read all Cosmere works, except White Sand.

As for where I first started, I read the Mistborn trilogy maybe around 2010 or so.  I would eventually move to Stormlight Archive, read Word of Radiance at release, and then eventually the rest of his works (I even finished WoT during this point).  I just finished Warbreaker, and before that was Arcanum Unbounded.

I don't know how active I'll be, but now I'm starting to feel at least a little bit more knowledgeable about Cosmere in general. So maybe I'll try to be involved around here. Hoping to make sense of this mess with the rest of you guys through the coming years!

Hey, nice to meet you and welcome to the shard! Yeah, I think we all hope that somehow we can all make sense of the 'mess' that is understanding the cosmere.
Oh, and some advise: if anyone offers you cookies, be careful. They'll Ruin your life. They are a good source of iron, though.

@A Budgie.... i mean .... do you, like , have the pc constantly on and you just spam the refresh button ? 

anyway, hi there i am manukos welcome to the shard 

if you have any questions feel free ro ask me

P.S. i will not even try offering cookies this time 

Edited by Manukos

39 minutes ago, Manukos said:

@A Budgie.... i mean .... do you, like , have the pc constantly on and you just spam the refresh button ? 

anyway, hi there i am manukos welcome to the shard 

if you have any questions feel free ro ask me

P.S. i will not even try offering cookies this time 

I haven't been doing much lately, so basically. Oh, and I've been reading a Name of the Wind online, so yeah...

16 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

I haven't been doing much lately, so basically. Oh, and I've been reading a Name of the Wind online, so yeah...

ohhh isnt it greeeeat?
the kingkiller chronicle also has one of the coolest  concepts i have ever read (after tarvangian ofcource): the Cthaeh 

10 hours ago, Lugez said:

I decided to make an account here since I've been lurking for a long time.  I've pretty much read all Cosmere works, except White Sand.

As for where I first started, I read the Mistborn trilogy maybe around 2010 or so.  I would eventually move to Stormlight Archive, read Word of Radiance at release, and then eventually the rest of his works (I even finished WoT during this point).  I just finished Warbreaker, and before that was Arcanum Unbounded.

I don't know how active I'll be, but now I'm starting to feel at least a little bit more knowledgeable about Cosmere in general. So maybe I'll try to be involved around here. Hoping to make sense of this mess with the rest of you guys through the coming years!

Well hello Lugez, long time lurker. It sounds like you've read about as much in the Cosmere as I have. If you want more Brandon Sanderson, try out some of his non-Cosmere works, such as  The Rithmatist, Alcatraz, The Reckoners, Legion, and others. I would be most indeed be glad too hear you make sense of this, as long as the Everstorm doesn't kill us all whilst trying to figure this all out. If you've been lurking here, than you should know that as my duty to welcome you, I give an upvote and a cookie.

(DISCLAIMER: THE DARK ALLEY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SOUL DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR. COOKIES MAY CONTAIN PEWTER, STEEL, IRON, OR BRONZE. NO NON-HUMANS WERE HARMED IN THE CREATION OF THESE COOKIES.)

thOA7GDP31.jpg

10 hours ago, Lugez said:

Welcome! Have yourself a complimentary upvote! 

Under no circumstances should you accept the cookies. They have a nasty habit of Ruining appetites. 

If you ever need anything, feel free to give me a shout

6 hours ago, Secrets said:

(DISCLAIMER: THE DARK ALLEY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SOUL DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR. COOKIES MAY CONTAIN PEWTER, STEEL, IRON, OR BRONZE. NO NON-HUMANS WERE HARMED IN THE CREATION OF THESE COOKIES.)

I'm pretty sure you use that exact quote each time... have you memorised it, or do you just have it saved on a document/sticky note somewhere?

18 hours ago, A Budgie said:

...so you've actually memorised it. Actually, it's not that long so it's not really surprising I suppose...

Do you have any idea of how much I have memorized? I have a few dozen passwords, and I put in new ones regularly. I have several passwords of over 40 characters, as well as many close behind. However what I really need  to go do is get permission to use the official Dark Alley Disclaimer.