Hello from the Storm Cellar

DeanaMCW

Hello Sanderson fans!

When I'm not reading the works of Sanderson and other great writers, I'm busy raising two children (5 & 1).  When time allows I'm a fiber artist: card weaving (seen in my cover image), cross stitching, sewing costumes, and general crafts. 

I'm the creator and primary moderator of the Facebook group:  Storm Cellar - Brandon Sanderson Fans.   It's a closed group to keep out spammers.  If you want to join, just ask - and send me a message if your public profile is very limited.   I need to know you are a real person, not an autobot.  It's easy to search and find us.  Sorry, I'll have to post a link later if it is needed.

I'm the current Workshop Director for JordanCon in Atlanta, GA.   You can contact me via the convention's website.  Join us April 21-23, 2017.  I'll take input on classes you would want to see taught or are willing to teach.

You might have seen me on Tor.com commenting on the re-reads as Braid_Tug.   A play on my favorite WoT character Nynaeve, and my love of fiber arts. 

My profile image is the Braid glyph created by Isaac Stewart.  It's not official unless it makes it way into the SA books.  But I'm thrilled he created it and sent me a copy. (And gave me permission to use it.)

That's all for now.  The 17th Shard has been a great resource, but I waited to join it officially.  The shear amount of information here is rather intimidating.

3 hours ago, DeanaMCW said:

When time allows I'm a fiber artist: card weaving (seen in my cover image), cross stitching, sewing costumes, and general crafts. 

Hey, you do stiching too? Nice! I mostly do longstich, but I'm planning to do some cross stich soon. Anyway, welcome to the shard. The puns are really bad...

4 hours ago, DarkJester said:

Puns are all fine and good, but these tend to be particularly bad puns... 

You think so? 'Cos mere puns like the ones we have here aren't even close to the worst I've seen...

(Wow, first pun in the thread! And it didn't even involve Ruin! :P)

30 minutes ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

I guess you beat me to my punch. <_<

4 hours ago, DeanaMCW said:

Puns don't scare me.

Ah, but these puns, like the cookies that you have been warned about, will Ruin your life.

2 hours ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

You think so? 'Cos mere puns like the ones we have here aren't even close to the worst I've seen...

I really need to stay off this section. All the puns have me face palming to the point that I'm going to develop a hand shaped dent in my forehead... That one was a little better than normal though... lol

4 minutes ago, DarkJester said:

I really need to stay off this section. All the puns have me face palming to the point that I'm going to develop a hand shaped dent in my forehead... That one was a little better than normal though... lol

To be fair, it's not really mine--I found it in the Cosmere Puns thread when I was still a lurker and was reminded of it when I realized that there hadn't been any puns yet.

@DarkJester, I'd call that a headdeask.  

My mouse pad has seen lots of use due to similar moments. 

@A Budgie, nice to see another fiber artist!  I've done some long stitching, but I'm trying to finish 2 long term projects in cross stitching.   They've hung around unfinished for too long.  But sewing and infants don't mix well.  :-) Toddlers a little better, thus restarting. 

20170105_222316.jpg

Edited by DeanaMCW
Wrong photos

4 hours ago, DarkJester said:

So basically you look like my profile pic. :PB)