Einstein’s Riddle – Cosmere Edition

BlackYeti

In case you’re unfamiliar with Einstein’s riddle, it’s a logic puzzle which, according to legend, was written by Albert Einstein. It is reportedly so difficult that only 2% of the population would be capable of solving it correctly (however I was able to do just that and I’m not that smart, so I’d take that with a massive grain of salt if I were you). Anyway, I recently spent a little time adapting it to fit in the Cosmere, and I thought I’d share the result. 

In a street in Silverlight, there are five consecutive houses, in which there live five different people, each of a different species. The five house owners each possess a certain Invested item, play a certain game, eat a certain food, and keep a certain pet. None of them have the same pet, play the same game, eat the same food, or own the same Invested Item.

The question is: who keeps the shade?

The Facts:

1. The dragon has unmastered sand.
  2. The Dysian Aimian keeps axehounds as pets.
  3. The Parshendi plays Tarachin.
  4. The owner of one of the Tears of Edgli lives in the house to the immediate left of the house of the owner of the Moon Sceptre.
  5. The owner of one of the Tears of Edgli plays fets.
  6. The person who eats Tashikk pancakes rears Aviar.
  7. The person who owns the Shardblade eats Horneater stew.
  8. The person living in the centre house plays breakneck.
  9. The kandra lives in the first house.
  10. The person who eats Hraggish meat wraps lives next to the person who keeps a Seon as a pet.
  11. The person who keeps tonks lives next to the person who eats Horneater stew.
  12. The person who eats Tektees food plays shelldry.
  13. The Siah Aimian eats lagets.
  14. The kandra lives next to the owner of the atium.
  15. The person who eats Hraggish meat wraps has a neighbour who plays kabers.

Eaaasy give me like 20 minutes (also I think that the 2% thing Is full of crem ) 

So I am done and it took me exactly 50 minutes the one with the shade is 

Spoiler

The dragon in the middle house

Well that was fun 

P.S. I talk out loud when I am trying to think and I totally butchered the pronunciations 

Actually, I've seen the original test (we did it a couple of years ago for fun) and although there is an answer, it should always be mentioned that whatever you come up with is not nessessarily true. Perhaps none of them own the shade. 
Just thought that was worth mentioning, because I'm too lazy to do this thing.

7 minutes ago, harambe said:

First of all @A Budgie <3 

secondly @BlackYeti I found my mistake . In my transcription I said that the guy who eats pancakes is next to the one with the aviar, which would make the owner of the shade (considering that he is one of the 5) the....

Hide contents

Siah Amian in the 4th house

Correct.

This makes you the second person to get the answer. Well Done.

Pretty easy, did it in about 3 minutes:

First house: Kandra

G: Kabars

F: Horneater stew

I: Shardblade

P: Seon

Second house: Parshandi

G: Tarachin

F: Meat Wraps

I: Atium

P: Tonks

Third house: Dragon

G: Breakneck

F: Pan

I: Sand

P: Aviar

Fourth house: Siah

G: Fets

F: Lagets

I: Edgli

P: Shade

Fifth house: Dysian

G: Shelldry

F: tektees 

I: Sceptre

P: Axehound

Thanks for posting the puzzle. (Took me a while because I somehow ignored hint #12)

The important thing is that I had to look up several of the games and foods in the coppermind (lagets/tektees food and kabers/fets games). And I didn't remember that tonks were those beasts of burden on Taldain--I kept thinking of Tonk Fah and hoping I was wrong. He would be the absolute worst pet ever. (Except maybe for the kandra? Leaving new bodies for you on the doorstep all the time? *shudder*)

45 minutes ago, ccstat said:

Thanks for posting the puzzle. (Took me a while because I somehow ignored hint #12)

The important thing is that I had to look up several of the games and foods in the coppermind (lagets/tektees food and kabers/fets games). And I didn't remember that tonks were those beasts of burden on Taldain--I kept thinking of Tonk Fah and hoping I was wrong. He would be the absolute worst pet ever. (Except maybe for the kandra? Leaving new bodies for you on the doorstep all the time? *shudder*)

This is hillarious! :lol: I can't stop laughing at the thought of Tonk Fah as a pet.

At least I couldn't until the thought struck me that that's actually exactly what he was: Denth's pet. Then things got disturbing somewhat fast.

• Chaos locked this topic