Let's do a cosmere podcast!

philipp32

Hey fellow Cosmere enthusiasts, 

I am a big fan of the Cosmere. For years I have been reading almost every single post in the Cosmere and Stormlight section of the forum. I have read every of his books at least two times. The community here is  great one so I thought I might give back a bit. Keep in mind that this is purely a passion project for the community. The feedback you can give me and suggestions for improvement is what I need. I want this to be as good as it can be.

If people are new to there Cosmere, I thought that this podcast might give them a proper introduction to the Cosmere. Once I've covered all the basic, I wanted to dive into some theories and speculation. 

This is my first podcast episode ever and I haen't figured it out all yet. So please, if you have any suggestions to make send them to me. They are very appreciated. Also, if I misstate some facts, please correct me. Your corrections will be included in future episodes. If you have any wishes for future episodes, please let me know. My pronounciation may also not be on point as I am not a native English speaker but I am giving my best. :)

Hope you like it. 

Cheers

Philipp

Edited by philipp32

Hey Philipp,

great idea with the podcast. That sure was a lot of work. And the idea to give something back to the community is also really nice. There is another podcast coming out that you've mentioned in your introduction. Here is the link to it:

I think the idea is a great one. But the question is if we do need two podcasts. On the one side this could lead to a bit of competition and help to make both of the podcast's content better. As far as I understand these guys discuss the most recent releases and theories and you want to focus on the foundationsof the Cosmere and then work yourself up to current discussions.

So you don't occupy the same space as they do, which I think is perfect. Now some feedback on the podcast:

The episode shows that you've put a lot of thought into your episode. Structure is there and also you researched your topic well, I couldn't catch a specific error. The audio quality is also superb. Do you have a professional microphone lying around at home? So in terms of quality, top. Just listened to the other podcast and I have to say your sound quality is much better. :)

I also like the sound of your voice. In the beginning it was a bit high but then eventually you settled into your natural voice. The intro music was nice and the disclaimer again shows the thought you've put into it.

Some tips for improvment: 

Focus on just 1 topic per episode. The creation myth and the shards where too much. I know, there isn't a lot more to say about the creation myth and the episode would've been like 10 minute, but for a future episode keep that in mind. Also, you use some "and"s and "now"s as filler words. Cut them out. 

With that said, I am looking forward to the next episode that you will release. Could you make an episode on Investiture and that stuff? I don't know a lot about it.

Edited by blueshard

• Chaos locked this topic