I tried not to, but I have failed

alexolteanu

And here I am. I expect this forum will suck a considerable amount of time from my week, so hello everybody!

Currently I've read everything Cosmere-related but I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as some people here are. I'm really interested in any tidbits that I might have missed or any cool theories.

I recently messaged Brandon for a copy of the unpublished White Sand novella, fingers crossed:)

Have a great week,

Alex

4 hours ago, alexolteanu said:

And here I am. I expect this forum will suck a considerable amount of time from my week, so hello everybody!

Currently I've read everything Cosmere-related but I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as some people here are. I'm really interested in any tidbits that I might have missed or any cool theories.

I recently messaged Brandon for a copy of the unpublished White Sand novella, fingers crossed:)

Have a great week,

Alex

Yes. Yes, it will.

Hello there, alexolteanu! I am (usually known as) bleeder. 

Welcome to the Shard. You will learn a lot, and a lot of great folks frequent this site, so you'll chat with some fine people.

Don't eat the cookies and you'll be fine. The cookies will Ruin your life and your appetite.

If you ever need anything, feel free to give me a shout.

And about the White Sand thing, I got mine in an email a couple of weeks ago after having requested it a couple of months ago. So be patient; it is worth it.

mesa read "I tried not to but I have"

And for some malicious reason, mesa thought "gotten pregnant. Again"

Yousa got some bleach??

*cough* pardon me *cough*

Welcome to the Shard Alex!

Hope you have a nice time here

Let's hope we don't get any glimpses of the future, which happens to involve altars and....books?

Here, have a cookie!

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Atypical said:

Yes. Yes, it will.

Welcome to the Shard. You will learn a lot, and a lot of great folks frequent this site, so you'll chat with some fine people.

Don't eat the cookies and you'll be fine. The cookies will Ruin your life and your appetite.

If you ever need anything, feel free to give me a shout.

And about the White Sand thing, I got mine in an email a couple of weeks ago after having requested it a couple of months ago. So be patient; it is worth it.

Hey bleeder, thanks for the warm welcome! Patience is a virtue, so I'm sure it will pay off in case of White Sand. The excerpt in AU got me hooked!

10 minutes ago, Mesa the Ookla said:

mesa read "I tried not to but I have"

And for some malicious reason, mesa thought "gotten pregnant. Again"

Yousa got some bleach??

*cough* pardon me *cough*

Welcome to the Shard Alex!

Hope you have a nice time here

Let's hope we don't get any glimpses of the future, which happens to involve altars and....books?

Here, have a cookie!

Hahaha, thanks a lot! To see the future is of voidbringers, of course.

7 hours ago, alexolteanu said:

Have a great week,

Alex

Welcome! Have an upvote, no cookies attached. I am (usually) KnightRadiant, and we're glad to have you :D

I asked Brandon for White Sand, and read it in maybe two or three days. Definitely worth the hassle of scrolling back down to where you were every time you open it...

Anyway, if you need any tips or advice, feel free to Personal Message me.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Atypical said:

Aaaand as usual, Bleeder made it here before everyone else. *silent applause*

1 minute ago, Ookla the Knight said:

Welcome! Have an upvote, no cookies attached. I am (usually) KnightRadiant, and we're glad to have you :D

I asked Brandon for White Sand, and read it in maybe two or three days. Definitely worth the hassle of scrolling back down to where you were every time you open it...

Anyway, if you need any tips or advice, feel free to Personal Message me.

Aaaand as usual, Bleeder made it here before everyone else. *silent applause*

Thanks a lot, this seems like a nice community. Sifting through all the info in this forum will be hard, do you have any recommended threads?

38 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Hey, welcome to the forums! Sorry for the delayed reply, my notifications broke again :P 

So, what Cosmere books have you read? Which were your favorite?

Here's a quick summary of Cosmere information to help you understand what's going on here.

By the way, don't eat the cookie. It's spiked. :ph34r: 

Hey!

I've read everything except for the White Sand graphic novel. I mailed Brandon for a copy of the White Sand novella and I'm still waiting; planning to read that as soon as I'll get it. My favourite books are TWoK and WoR, of course. I just finished the 2nd read last week and it was amazing. So many details I missed the first time such as Shallan's meeting with Hoid when she was younger. Crazy!

I also like how complex and unique all magic systems in the Cosmere are. I still can't choose my favourite between the Scadrian magic system and the Rosharan one though.  

Trying to lose weight lately, didn't eat the cookie! :D

30 minutes ago, alexolteanu said:

Thanks a lot, this seems like a nice community. Sifting through all the info in this forum will be hard, do you have any recommended threads?

Well, if you're looking for some crazy, out-there theories, check out "Cosmere Theories", but beware: spoilers abound. 

If you want to get to know your fellow Sharders, check out General Discussion. But we're pretty weird, so try not to get scared off. 

General information is in the Cosmere section. There's a lot. Like, a lot a lot.

And yes, I get here before everyone using my luck-bending aura. 

4 hours ago, Jude said:

Who cant wait for the way of kings movie if they are going to make one!!!!:D

Hey Jude! (Lol)

Welcome to the forums! In the future, it'd be best if you comment on threads that are more relevant to the comment you're making. I'm pretty sure we have a topic about TMG optioning the Cosmere, so this should probably be there, instead :) 

Thanks! Hope you have fun here

On 11/29/2016 at 1:22 AM, alexolteanu said:

a considerable amount of time from my week

week

Oh, you are adorable.