A theory about Yolen and the 4th Era of Mistborn

Rasarr

12 hours ago, ZenBossanova said:

Then why would Hoid be interested in recreating Adonalsium? (assuming that is what he is doing)

Maybe his goal is different from what we think...The whole concept of "thorn apart a thing and then rebuild it, but it's not more the same thing" may be as a Hoid's target aganist of a side effect...maybe he wants again a God but not Adonalsium (in the sense of the pre-shattering Adonalsium).

BUT while I am writing this answer...I already found a counter-example, Frost implied that Hoid could mess Adonalsium's plan. It's not really relevant if Hoid could or not mess it. But Frost seems to think that Adonalsium's plan is actually a good plan, this don't fit realy well with a God you had to kill because He planned your destruction

7 hours ago, Yata said:

BUT while I am writing this answer...I already found a counter-example, Frost implied that Hoid could mess Adonalsium's plan. It's not really relevant if Hoid could or not mess it. But Frost seems to think that Adonalsium's plan is actually a good plan, this don't fit realy well with a God you had to kill because He planned your destruction

Just one thing to note here - we don't really know Frost. We know that some people who were good guys in other books are his "friends from the Seventeenth Shard", but we don't actually know what Frost's allegiances are. For all we know, he might be a villain who's better than most at hiding it, so the fact that he sees Adonalsium's plan as a good one doesn't mean we'd see it in the same way if we knew about it.

As a side note, I admit I don't believe Adonalsium was going to destroy mankind or anything of the like; my personal idea is that he simply didn't act against fain for long enough to prompt the entire "kill the god and steal his power" quest.

• Chaos locked this topic