Cosmere Fanart

Quiver

Okay, I know what you're thinking: why do we need a fanart thread if we have galleries? 

Well, for one, I think that a thread might be a good place for the artists from the gallery to show off their works and get a big more of a response. Maybe it's just e, but I do find the gallery a little difficult to navigate sometimes.

Besides that, though... not everyone who is a fan of Brandon's is on this site, and some of those people make fantastic pieces of art. Sharing fan art sounds like fun to me, but I wouldn't be comfortable posting someone elses' fan art in the official galleries without their permission... so a thread like this seemed like a fair compromise.

...On which note, here is an awesome piece of fan art which I found when looking for Kaladin pics for memes. The artist is called Sartic, and they seem to have a few Sanderson art in their deviantart profile.

kaladin_and_shallan_by_sarctic-d84kme3.j

I started making a collection of artwork on the Stormlight Archive subreddit, listed such that it's spoiler-free to use. If anyone wants to add to it I'd be thankful. Or even just suggestions that I can incorporate! It's not intended to be exhaustive though. Not looking for EVERY piece of art. Just enough to satisfy new readers. It should preferably be as true to the book's descriptions as possible.

• Chaos locked this topic