Quothe

I've started re-reading Mistborn Era 1 and just noticed(which means everyone else has probably already figured out) the parallels between Marsh/Kelsier's and Gavilar/Dalinar's relationship.

-Both are brothers.

-One from each lost their love interest(Mare and Navani) to the other brother.

-Marsh and Dalinar are the gruff, more intense ones whereas Kelsier and Gavilar are the more foolhardy ones(I don't really know much about Gavilar so this is the only connection I could find).

Just something I felt like sharing.

On Thursday, November 03, 2016 at 9:52 PM, sirchesh said:

I've started re-reading Mistborn Era 1 and just noticed(which means everyone else has probably already figured out) the parallels between Marsh/Kelsier's and Gavilar/Dalinar's relationship.

-Both are brothers.

-One from each lost their love interest(Mare and Navani) to the other brother.

-Marsh and Dalinar are the gruff, more intense ones whereas Kelsier and Gavilar are the more foolhardy ones(I don't really know much about Gavilar so this is the only connection I could find).

Just something I felt like sharing.

Hmm. Hmmm. 

There are a few of these similarities that jump out on rerear. 

I've found that Elend becomming king abd learning to rule mirrored Dalinar's restoration of faith in himself. 

Vin has a similar "I will protect those who can't protect themselves" moment like Kaladin. 

There's a few more.

Interesting. Actually, preprolouge Dalinar seems a little more like Kell to me. Chasing down a man while bleeding from three arrows so he can recruit the man who, incidentally, shot him? That sounds more like something Kelsier would pull off, not Marsh. 

Young Dalinar seems to have loved fighting and was quite foolhardy and immature in many ways. Then Gavilar died and he changed greatly. Interestingly, Kelsier seem to have matured some too 

Spoiler

If the external focus and lack of a smile in BoM is anything to go by.

We may want to wait until we know more of the Blackthorn before rushing to make comparisons:

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Interesting. Actually, preprolouge Dalinar seems a little more like Kell to me. Chasing down a man while bleeding from three arrows so he can recruit the man who, incidentally, shot him? That sounds more like something Kelsier would pull off, not Marsh. 

To which scene and book are you refering to? I can't seem to recall it and I don't have the books with me atm.

3 minutes ago, sirchesh said:

*cringes*

I hope that wasn't a huge spoiler. Didn't realize there were teasers out. Where can I read it?

Well it's a flashback chapter technically (yes we are getting dalinar past chapters woooo) 

here is the Dalinar war flashback chapter . There's another flashback chapter where Dalinar first met her wife but i can't find it. Also Kaladin returning to Heartstone teaser chapter. 

I think you could find others with google because i found them before that way and right now i can't do that.

Edited by goody153

6 minutes ago, goody153 said:

Well it's a flashback chapter technically (yes we are getting dalinar past chapters woooo) 

here is the Dalinar war flashback chapter . There's another flashback chapter where Dalinar first met her wife but i can't find it. Also Kaladin returning to Heartstone teaser chapter. 

I think you could find others with google because i found them before that way and right now i can't do that.

Wow, this is...old. I guess that`s what I get for coming to the Cosmere party late. Anyway, this is a cool find. Thanks! :D

• Chaos locked this topic