Hello World

Capt. Goradel

I feel way in over my head. Y'all are crazy. I thought I was a obsessed fanboy, but I've been blown out of the water reading the forums today! (The craziness is a good thing though:D)

My favorite series is stormlight, and I've read everything except warbreaker and one or two novellas.

Anyway, I hope to be able to learn more and attempt to contribute every now and then! Thanks to all of you wonderful folks who run these forums and fill it with content!

Hey! Welcome to the forums, and have an upvote! Don't take the cookies. They're spiked. Also, don't worry about not being as insane as us. We'll corrupt you soon enough :ph34r:

I believe there exists a Warbreaker PDF that our resident wearer of vests ( @bleeder) should be able to hook you up with. There's also a PDF of the Emperor's Soul, if you need that one. :) 

On a completely unrelated note, I'm going to assume you're a programmer by your topic title. What languages do you know? Also, another unrelated note, check out the Sanderson Elimination subforum! It's down under the RP section, I believe

Edit: Found the PDF. Sorry for stealing your job, bleeder! http://www.brandonsanderson.com/drafts/warbreaker/Warbreaker_hardcover_1st_ed.pdf 

Edited by Bugsy6912

11 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Hey! Welcome to the forums, and have an upvote! Don't take the cookies. They're spiked. Also, don't worry about not being as insane as us. We'll corrupt you soon enough :ph34r:

I believe there exists a Warbreaker PDF that our resident wearer of vests ( @bleeder) should be able to hook you up with. There's also a PDF of the Emperor's Soul, if you need that one. :) 

On a completely unrelated note, I'm going to assume you're a programmer by your topic title. What languages do you know? Also, another unrelated note, check out the Sanderson Elimination subforum! It's down under the RP section, I believe

Edit: Found the PDF. Sorry for stealing your job, bleeder! http://www.brandonsanderson.com/drafts/warbreaker/Warbreaker_hardcover_1st_ed.pdf 

I'm fine with warbreaker. I haven't read it because I started and didn't like it (please don't get upset haha). But I'd love to see the emporers soul one! 

I know a little c+ and python. Hardly any. Just enough to do some arduino stuff and tune my drones and quadcopters, which, in addition to neglecting responsibilities and reading cosmere, is my other hobby!

Whats the elimination forum about? 

Poisoned spiked or hemalurgy spiked???

Also, do I need to quote someone every time I am "responding" to their post?

Edited by Capt. Goradel

2 minutes ago, Capt. Goradel said:

I'm fine with warbreaker. I haven't read it because I started and didn't like it (please don't get upset haha). But I'd love to see the emporers soul one! 

I know a little c+ and python. Hardly any. Just enough to do some arduino stuff and tune my drones and quadcopters, which, in addition to neglecting responsibilities and reading cosmere, is my other hobby!

Whats the elimination forum about? 

Poisoned spiked or hemalurgy spiked???

Also, do I need to quote someone every time I am "responding" to their post?

To each his own. I personally liked WB, but I find the main value in it to be the characters it introduces. They're important for WoR. Emperor's Soul is probably my favorite Sanderson work, so I'm excited to hear your opinions on it :) 

That seems like some pretty advanced stuff. What's your definition of 'hardly any'? :blink:

The Elimination forum is a forums mafia game that's really fun. There aren't any new games that start this week that I know of, but you can check out the rules if you like

...yes

Not necessarily, but it gives the person you quote a handy notification to check the thread and reply to you. You can also tag them like @Capt. Goradel

Good to know! Do you know where I could find the emporers soul PDF? 

Hardly any really is hardly any. Im just in high school, and my school doesnt have any sort of computer science class, and most of my quads are ready to fly. Ive only built one, and relied heavily on the internet and a friend of mine whose a real programmer. My experience is mostly limited to that and playing pranks on people at school. @Bugsy6912

Just now, Capt. Goradel said:

Good to know! Do you know where I could find the emporers soul PDF? 

Hardly any really is hardly any. Im just in high school, and my school doesnt have any sort of computer science class, and most of my quads are ready to fly. Ive only built one, and relied heavily on the internet and a friend of mine whose a real programmer. My experience is mostly limited to that and playing pranks on people at school. @Bugsy6912

Here you go: https://bobson.ludost.net/hugoawardnominees/tmp/novella/Sanderson/The Emperor's Soul.pdf I'm fairly certain this is legal

Heh, that's how I started coding too. Right-click --> Inspect Element is really useful for that ;) 

I'm a sophomore in high school right now. Age doesn't really matter here, so there's no need to qualify 'in high school' with 'just'. You won't be judged at all as long as you're respectful and follow the rules :) 

If you're interested in learning C++/Python/HTML/rudimentary JavaScript/rudimentary Java/rudimentary Ruby, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Also, StackExchange is an awesome resource for anything you do coding-wise. Side note: Relying on the Internet is the hallmark of a good coder. Logic is more important than rote memorization of syntax; if you can figure out how to cobble something together and it works for you, it's a success.