bleeder likes guitars

soyperson

1 hour ago, bleeder said:

My current two obsessions on my 1965 Giannini parlour guitar are "Eponine" by Penny and Sparrow and "Blues Run The Game" by Jackson C Frank.

If I have to recommend that a guitarist learn one song, it's going to be "Wave" by Antonio Carlos Jobim. It's an incredibly flexible Latin piece, which can be played in any number of different Latin styles and a decent variety of keys.

Just now, PantsForSquares said:

If I have to recommend that a guitarist learn one song, it's going to be "Wave" by Antonio Carlos Jobim. It's an incredibly flexible Latin piece, which can be played in any number of different Latin styles and a decent variety of keys.

Sounds interesting. I'll definitely look into it!

2 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Honorspren likes ukuleles. :)

Excellent! ^_^

I dabble in uke, but mine is trash. Literally, it was bought at a Wal-Mart when I was about five. It sat in my closet until the guitar-and-other-string-instrument bug bit me. 

Do you play often?

20 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Excellent! ^_^

I dabble in uke, but mine is trash. Literally, it was bought at a Wal-Mart when I was about five. It sat in my closet until the guitar-and-other-string-instrument bug bit me. 

Do you play often?

Yes! I play almost every day; it calms me down and helps me relax. I've even made up two songs . . . But they're both super short.

7 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Yes! I play almost every day; it calms me down and helps me relax. I've even made up two songs . . . But they're both super short.

I am a firm believer in the psychological benefits of music. My friends punch pillows, I punch piano keys. 

And, hey, Bob Dylan writes short songs and he won a Nobel Prize.

• Chaos locked this topic