Looking for Opinions on Xcom 2

mattig89ch

Hidy ho all,

I've been playing some Dragon Age 2 recently, but it isn't scratching my tactical itch like its predecessor did.  So I wanted to find a new game, that did just that.  And then I saw a friend playing Xcom 2 on my friends list, and I was off to find some opinions on the game.

So far the feedback I've gotten has been pretty split.  Either wait for it to go on sale, or its awesome and you should buy it now.

So I wanted to see if anyone here has an opinion on the game.  Is it worth the 60 bucks they're asking for it?  Or should I want for it to go on sale, and look else ware?

I hope nobody minds a double post here.  I asked this question on a couple of the other forums I frequent as well.

One over on the new Unofficial BSN forums, and another on the Elite Dangerous forums.  I have to say, I'm kinda sold on the game right now.  I need to re-check my bank account balance to make sure I can afford it. But if I can, I think I'll be picking up that game.

I absolutely loved Enemy Unknown.  Then Enemy Within was more challenging fun.  But Enemy Within has a game-breaking glitch that's never been fixed on the PS3 version.  During a randomly-arriving, unavoidable plot mission.  They've never fixed this.  And then XCOM 2 comes out and I hear about shoddy programming left and right.  I'd be cautious of it, and I definitely wouldn't pay full price.

I really liked Enemy Unknown and from my time playing it xcom 2 pretty much takes everything that did well (and the things it didn't) and makes it better. :)

I found it less buggy than EU (which isn't saying much), but I'd still go with a self-imposed iron-man rather than using the setting. That way if or when it does hit a nasty bug you won't lose all your progress. I haven't really touched the MP in Xcom 2 so I can't speak too much to that.

In any case I definitely recommend it, I don't regret buying it at full price but whether it's worth that for you or not is something you'll have to decide for yourself

I actually picked it up, and was enjoying it for a bit.  But my god, those stun soldiers are anoying.  But I have to give it to advent, they are effective.  That combination of stun soldiers and mind controller guys are very effective, and wiped my team between them a few times.

After that rage, I put it down for a bit.  But I am planning to pick it back up again.