Greetings all you Sanderson fans!

LadyAleena

Greetings all! I am a new Sanderson fan forum member. I didn't know anything about Brandon until he picked up the Wheel of Time series books from the late great Robert Jordan, but since then, I've become an avid Sanderson fan! I can't wait to see what Brandon has to offer in the years to come! I'm currently reading Stormlight  #2, and was shocked (and horrified!) that it is going to be a 10 book series! You need to WRITE FASTER, BRANDON!! Lol! 

Edited by LadyAleena
Correct Brandon's name

Welcome to the forums! Have an upvote :) 

Have you heard of the Cosmere? If not, it's a meta-series of books that Brandon is currently writing. It currently includes:

Mistborn (1, 2, 3)

Mistborn Gen 2 (1, 2, 3, 4)

Mistborn: Secret history

Mistborn Gen 3 (1, 2, 3, 4)

Mistborn Gen 4 (1, 2, 3, 4)

Stormlight archive (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Elantris (1, 2) *Maybe more

Emperor's soul

6th of Dusk

Shadows for silence in the forests of hell

White sand 

Divine silence

Stormlight Archive Novella

Dragonsteel (Multiple books)

Key:

Definite Unreleased

Expected Unreleased

(Spoilered for length)

Basically, get ready for a wild ride. Each series can stand on its own, but the main point of this forums is discussing the interactions between the worlds and building our current knowledge of the cosmere as a whole. (Quick hint: watch for a person named Hoid. In Stormlight Archive, he's called Wit. He has cameos in every cosmere book to my knowledge)

Oh, and not to nitpick, but it's Brandon Sanderson :P 

Edited by Bugsy6912

Yes, I've met Hoid in the Stormlight books, and I'm looking forward to the Cosmere series. I didn't know about Cosmere until I got my first email reply from Brandon's associate, Adam, pointing me to his 2015 project update post. Then I saw the 17th shard forum icon, and here I am!

And yes, I realize his name is Brandon. I accidentally misspelled it when I was making my introduction post. It was autocorrected to Brian and I missed it before I posted. I went back and corrected it, but not before the damage was done. SORRY BRANDON! WRITE FASTER, PLEASE!?!?!? ;-)

Mistborn is part of Cosmere?? I didn't know that! Mistborn was the first Sanderson series I read after WOT, but I've only read the first 3! Ty for the list! I will be looking for the others after I finish Stormlight #2.

I hope I don't get censored for saying that. If I do, my greatest apologies! 

9 hours ago, LadyAleena said:

Greetings all! I am a new Sanderson fan forum member. I didn't know anything about Brandon until he picked up the Wheel of Time series books from the late great Robert Jordan, but since then, I've become an avid Sanderson fan! I can't wait to see what Brandon has to offer in the years to come! I'm currently reading Stormlight  #2, and was shocked (and horrified!) that it is going to be a 10 book series! You need to WRITE FASTER, BRANDON!! Lol! 

I feel your pain :) 

Welcome to the forums, LadyAleena! Whatever you do, don't accept the cookies. 

NO MATTER WHAT.

:mellow:

Edited by WayneSpren

Pretty much all of Brandon's series' are Cosmere. Except the Reckoners. If you like the current position of your ears, NEVER ask if Reckoners is Cosmere.

EDIT: There's going to be an Era 4 Mistborn? That should be interesting.

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

16 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Pretty much all of Brandon's series' are Cosmere. Except the Reckoners. If you like the current position of your ears, NEVER ask if Reckoners is Cosmere.

EDIT: There's going to be an Era 4 Mistborn? That should be interesting.

3 is 1980s tech. 4 is sci-if.