Shadesmar, Connection, and The Physical Representations of the Realms

Straw

A. The Cognitive realm connects the Spiritual and Physical realms. 

B. The Scadrial section of the Cognitive realm is made of mist. The Roshar section of the Cognitive realm is made of spheres. 

C. The energy of the Spiritual realm flows through the Cognitive realm into the physical realm. 

D. In the Physical realm energy is stored in mist and spheres.

The impression I get from these facts is that mist and spheres are a physical representation of the cognitive realm and act as a conduit.

E. Metals, The "Sun", and Souls/Minds have the same appearance in the Cognitive realm. Spren also have a different appearance in the cognitive realm.

F.  Energy is drawn through metals and spren.

The impression I get from these facts is that Metals and Spren act as a filter for the power of the Spiritual realm.

G. Stormlight and Preservation/Ruin/Harmony's power seems to be held in by metals and Spren.

The impression I get from this fact is that Metals and Spren also act like a pool and hold in the energy.

Final piece: I conclude that if the Spiritual realm is the sun, The cognitive realm is the place that the light passes through, and the physical realm is where the light pools than Metals and Spren act as a prism. Also, Preservation/Ruin/Harmony's power and Stormlight are representations of the spiritual realm, Spheres and Mist are representations of the cognitive realm, and Metals and Spren are representations of the physical realm.

Edit: If this theory is correct than Duralumin could be used to change the magic you use. Example: Changing Allomantic steel to Allomatic Iron.

Edited by Straw

11 hours ago, Straw said:

If this theory is correct than Duralumin could be used to change the magic you use. Example: Changing Allomantic steel to Allomatic Iron.

Where do you get this conclusion from? The type of power you get from Allomantic Metals is decided by the molecular structure of the metal.

Scadrial's mist is not a storage for power, it's just a physical representation of Preservation's power. Spheres on Roshar don't hold stormlight, gems do, and those don't have to be spheres, nor do I think they usually are.

Spren are cognitive manifestations of power which can be seen in the physical realm. They aren't conduits, nor are metals really conduits or pools of power with the exception of god metals which are physical manifestations of a shard.

I don't understand where your theory regarding duralumin came from so if you could elaborate, that would be great.

Edited by Spoolofwhool

• Chaos locked this topic