Difference between Transforming and Transporting surges

GenericGamer

So ive been thinking about this for some time now and I was wondering if you guys knew anything.

When it comes to entering Shadesmar what is the difference in entering via the surge of transforming as oppose to entering via transportation?

My idea is that transformation leaves the radiant's body in the physical realm while their mind can enter the cognitive realm while transportation allows the radiant to fully enter so their whole body enters. I can't find any evidence aside from the Jasnah scene after WOR where she with the help of Ivory "fully" enters.

I was wondering if this is a thing we know the answer to yet or if it a RAFO thing. If so what are your guy's theories about this?

Edited by GenericGamer

6 hours ago, GenericGamer said:

So ive been thinking about this for some time now and I was wondering if you guys knew anything.

When it comes to entering Shadesmar what is the difference in entering via the surge of transforming as oppose to entering via transportation?

My idea is that transformation leaves the radiant's body in the physical realm while their mind can enter the cognitive realm while transportation allows the radiant to fully enter so their whole body enters. I can't find any evidence aside from the Jasnah scene after WOR where she with the help of Ivory "fully" enters.

I was wondering if this is a thing we know the answer to yet or if it a RAFO thing. If so what are your guy's theories about this?

I am not sure if it was confirmed, but I was under the impression that like you said, transformation is entering partially but keeping the physical body here, while transportation brings your physically fully into the cogntive. However I do not believe those two are the only ones that partially "enter" the cognitive. When we first see Kaladin attempting to manipulate gravity, he has a glimpse into the cognitive realm. 

Do you think it is possible then that all radiants can at least to some extent enter the cognitive realm? since I think only Dalinar has not been shown being involved with the cognitive realm unless his visions are connected to it (since honor sent the visions and his cognitive shadow is what is responsible for them being sent)

Edited by GenericGamer

5 minutes ago, GenericGamer said:

Do you think it is possible then that all radiants can at least to some extent enter the cognitive realm? since I think only Dalinar has not been shown being involved with the cognitive realm unless his visions are connected to it (since honor sent the visions and his cognitive shadow is what is responsible for them being sent)

I do think so as well. It may be part of the bond with the spren. The radiant bond brings the spren more into the physical and some theorize that the bond brings the human more into the cognitive. 

• Chaos locked this topic