Bondsmith abilities

Brackcha

9 hours ago, marianmi said:

i don't actually think that the requirements for attraction of spren are the same, because bondsmiths clearly attract different types of spren. e.g. there was no stormfather bonded to the 3 bondsmiths before, there were another spren(s), possibly not of honor.

Actually we don't even know if th Stormfather (or to be more precise the former Rider of the Storm) is an Honor's Spren. It's possible that all the Bondsmith's spren are Spren not of H&C but from another source....Adonalsium maybe

17 hours ago, Yata said:

Actually we don't even know if th Stormfather (or to be more precise the former Rider of the Storm) is an Honor's Spren. It's possible that all the Bondsmith's spren are Spren not of H&C but from another source....Adonalsium maybe

Stormfather refers to Syl as his daughter. Also that he's the shadow of Honor. I think it's a pretty good indication that he's Honor-only.

He binds with Dalinar, creating a bondsmith. Bondsmiths and truthwatchers are in the chart on special places. I assume from this that bondsmiths bind honor-only spren, truthwatchers cultivation-only spren, while the others spren are a mix. Although not sure where this theory leaves honor-spren :) maybe honor-spren are spren that cultivate honor in men, making it a mix? :)

Edited by marianmi

I registered to ask this:

Has anyone considered that, VoidSpren Storm aside, the stormfather was involved in every spren bonding that has occurred?

It seems that the stormfather must give permission for a spren to bond based on his interactions with Syl.

It also is apparent that Parshmen can't transform without going into the storm.

And we have evidence of at least one creature, the chasmfiend, transforming (pupating) during highstorms.

And we have evidence that at least one bondsmith bonded the stormfather.  

There is evidence that at somepoint in the past something was done to prevent spren from bonding any old person, now requiring the Words.

Dang, it just occurred to me that it might be possible for a parshmen to bond with a normal spren, except now they need to say the correct words instead of singing a tune.  Nobody knows of this happening except the parshendi...since they remember the spren abandoning them for humans.

QUESTION

Is it possible for a Parshendi to become a Knight Radiant?

BRANDON SANDERSON

In the past, no. Let's say this, in-world everybody would tell you no.

Stormfather gives permission for honor-spren. Other spren have different entities that give permission - e.g. a council - and maybe other spren don't need permission.

The interesting bit tho` is - when the everstorm hits, will parshmen be the only ones changed? or will the great shells become voidbringers too?

10 hours ago, marianmi said:

Stormfather refers to Syl as his daughter. Also that he's the shadow of Honor. I think it's a pretty good indication that he's Honor-only.

Again the Stormfather existed before Honor's death and merged with Tanavast's Shadow only when Honor was killed. It's possible that Syl call him "father" because She talked of the "Tanavast's Shadow" who is part of the Stormfather. Also Wylde talked about a "mother" but actually His text seems to point to the actual Vessel of Cultivation is "mother" not the Nightwatcher (that can't be Cultivation's Shadow because Cultivation is still alive).

Also the Listeners seems to know the Stormfather (as Rider of The Storm from ancient time) maybe before H&C arrived on Roshar and this would place him as an Adonalsium Spren (status that may be Shared with other strange unique Spren like Nightwatcher and Cusiches)....It's possible that one H&C arrived they tainted those Ancient Spren to made them compatible with them.

I am not saing you are wrong, just consider that the facts seems to be not so obvious.

17 hours ago, marianmi said:

The interesting bit tho` is - when the everstorm hits, will parshmen be the only ones changed? or will the great shells become voidbringers too?

This is what I think will happen. After all, didn't Shallan find a drawing of a Voidbringer that looked similar to a chasmfiend?

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic