WoA - Anticipation Shard

anarchitect

In the WoA novel this epigraph transpires. Now I've just noticed the bit about Anticipation and how it fits in the text, sounding somewhat like a shard, so I thought that it was some nonsense already discussed and debunked on some forums yet after some surfing i found nothing on the topic.

If this was indeed a new shard then in my mind it was somehow connected to the worldbringers, wordsingers, etc. groups.

I'm curious what the scholars on this forum now about this, if it's relevant in any way or if it has been disused.

"As the one who found Alendi, however, I became someone important. Foremost amongst the Wordbringers. There was a place for me in the lore of the Anticipation—I thought myself the Holy Witness, the prophet foretold to discover the Hero of Ages. Renouncing Alendi then would have been to renounce my new position, my acceptance, by the others.

The "Anticipation" is the foretold coming of the Hero of Ages, not a Shard.  (Of course, that doesn't preclude a Shard called "Anticipation", but not one connected to Scadrial) Note also the presence of the term "Holy First Witness," which is a title that Ruin inserted into the text to make it look like Vin was the Hero and Sazed her herald.  (The original text read "I thought myself the Announcer, the prophet foretold..." etc.)

Edited by Landis963

The people of Era 1 Mistborn are not very Cosmere aware at all. They don't know about other worlds or gods, they don't even know who Ruin is until WoA and Preservation until I think HoA. So I don't think there would be any hints in there about other Shards, no one on the world knows enough for that to happen. 

Era 2 Mistborn however...

Except that the worldbringers where very cosmere aware and knew evan about Adonalsium. (edit: my bad, there is actually no mention of adonalsium. Still, being or not cosmere aware doesn't necessarily mean brandon wouldn't let that slip)

Edited by anarchitect

• Chaos locked this topic