Zane's Hemalurgic Spike

Asasasyn in White

9 minutes ago, Landis963 said:

It was Iron, IIRC, charged with Allomantic steel.  (We didn't see how exactly he got it, but long story short Ruin tricked him into getting it implanted)

the Spike is made of Steel, H-Iron steals Human's Strength.... In the boos many time is stated how He was capable to Steelpush, this is why... He had an Hemalurgical upgrade to his base Allomantic steel

we don't know the reasons, but in some way Zane spiked himself.

Edited by Yata

11 minutes ago, Windrunner said:

I think it's as simple as Zane was always a little bit crazy and Ruin convinced him to spike himself.

Yeah something like "ZANE! I am God, you are my chosen one and I want to give you power beyond the other pity mistborn. All you have to do, is spike yourself with a Spike an serve of mine will take to you".

Then a Ruin's servant will happear at the right moment with the Mistical Spike, and Zane may began to think that it's not crazy but God spoke with him

I'll try to find the link, but I asked him once and he told me that Zane got the spike after he snapped as a Mistborn.

Don't know if this is worthy of note, but he also said during an AMA that Zane and Gemmel (Kelsier's trainer) had met, but specified that it might not have been an important meeting.

What's interesting, one of the WoBs about Zane's spike say it lent him "extremely great precision with Steelpushing". Now I wonder whether it's different from the usual, power-enhancing spikes.

• Chaos locked this topic