(BoM spoilers) A question on how things work?

Demandred

So, I need to go back and reread Bands sometime soon. But a question that I have been thinking about since it came out has been bothering me.

How do the bands fuel allomancy?

I get how they grant the power to use all the abilities, but don't you still need to have those metals to burn inside you? 
Or did I miss something?

51 minutes ago, Demandred said:

So, I need to go back and reread Bands sometime soon. But a question that I have been thinking about since it came out has been bothering me.

How do the bands fuel allomancy?

I get how they grant the power to use all the abilities, but don't you still need to have those metals to burn inside you? 
Or did I miss something?

Yes you still needs the metals.

But maybe you may use Nicrosil to store raw Investiture to use later as Allomantic Fuel... this is unkown. But because the Bands didn't implement this possibility probably it's not possible.

Both the people who used the Bands in BoM have to take a vial of metal before feel the Allomantic reserve (well Wax had already Steel inside, but he needs the others metal to start using other Allomantic Powers)

Edited by Yata

The Bands grant incredible Allomantic power, but yes the metals are still necessary. Marasi and Wax both ingest vials containing all sixteen metals though, so they can use Allomancy. See this quote from Bands Chapter 28. 

Marasi clutched the spearhead in two hands.

And tapped everything.

Power flooded into her, lighting her up like an inferno. Snow hung motionless in the air. She stood up and reached to the belt of one of her captors, removing one of his vials of metal. She took them all, several from each guard, and drank them. She was tapping a metalmind, letting her move at a speed so fast that when she lifted her hand, she could briefly see the pocket of vacuum left behind. She smiled.

Then she burned her metals. All of them.

She gives a vial to Wax as well, when she revives him. The Bands are amazing, but still bound by the basic rules of Allomancy. Does this answer your question?:)

• Chaos locked this topic